Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
The white dot symbolizes the position of the Moon, and the yellow sun symbolizes the position of the sun.
Change time and date
|< 4 weeks||4 weeks >||March equinox|
|< 1 day||1 day >||June solstice|
|< 12 hours||12 hours >||September equinox|
|< 6 hours||6 hours >||December solstice|
|< 1 hour||1 hour >||Now/Current time|
|< 10 minutes||10 minutes >|
- The bright part of the map shows where the moon is over the horizon on Saturday, November 2, 2013 at 11:50:00 UTC.
- The Sun's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Sun will be at its zenith (directly overhead) in relation to an observer.
- The Moon's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Moon will be at its zenith in relation to an observer. Note that the symbol is not showing the current phase of the Moon.
The moon is so close to the Sun that it hard to see from earth.
Fraction of moon illuminated: 1%
|Previous phase||Third Quarter||Saturday, October 26, 2013 at 11:42 PM|
|Next phase||New Moon||Sunday, November 3, 2013 at 12:51 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Saturday, November 2, 2013 at 11:50:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 439.07 meters/second, 1580.7 km/hour, 982.2 miles/hour or 853.5 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 28.4"||16.37 mi||west||0° 00' 09.5"||0.18 mi||south||16.37 mi|
|1 hour||14° 28' 23.7"||981.97 mi||west||0° 09' 34.8"||10.98 mi||south||981.76 mi|
|24 hours||12° 59' 01.7"||880.93 mi||east||3° 31' 58.0"||242.85 mi||south||908.05 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Jamestown||Sat 11:50 AM||1136 km||706 miles||613 nm||ESE|
|Monrovia||Sat 11:50 AM||1997 km||1241 miles||1078 nm||NNE|
|Freetown||Sat 11:50 AM||2190 km||1361 miles||1183 nm||N|
|Abidjan||Sat 11:50 AM||2201 km||1368 miles||1189 nm||NE|
|Recife||Sat 8:50 AM||2203 km||1369 miles||1190 nm||W|
|Yamoussoukro||Sat 11:50 AM||2271 km||1411 miles||1226 nm||NNE|
|Conakry||Sat 11:50 AM||2299 km||1428 miles||1241 nm||N|
|Accra||Sat 11:50 AM||2480 km||1541 miles||1339 nm||NE|
|Bissau||Sat 11:50 AM||2555 km||1587 miles||1379 nm||N|
|Salvador||Sat 8:50 AM||2557 km||1589 miles||1381 nm||W|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.