Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
The white dot symbolizes the position of the Moon, and the yellow sun symbolizes the position of the sun.
Change time and date
|< 4 weeks||4 weeks >||March equinox|
|< 1 day||1 day >||June solstice|
|< 12 hours||12 hours >||September equinox|
|< 6 hours||6 hours >||December solstice|
|< 1 hour||1 hour >||Now/Current time|
|< 10 minutes||10 minutes >|
- The bright part of the map shows where the moon is over the horizon on Saturday, November 2, 2013 at 12:30:00 UTC.
- The Sun's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Sun will be at its zenith (directly overhead) in relation to an observer.
- The Moon's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Moon will be at its zenith in relation to an observer. Note that the symbol is not showing the current phase of the Moon.
The moon is so close to the Sun that it hard to see from earth.
Fraction of moon illuminated: 1%
|Previous phase||Third Quarter||Saturday, October 26, 2013 at 11:42 PM|
|Next phase||New Moon||Sunday, November 3, 2013 at 12:51 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Saturday, November 2, 2013 at 12:30:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 438.88 meters/second, 1580.0 km/hour, 981.8 miles/hour or 853.1 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 28.4"||16.36 mi||west||0° 00' 09.5"||0.18 mi||south||16.36 mi|
|1 hour||14° 28' 20.8"||981.55 mi||west||0° 09' 32.6"||10.93 mi||south||981.34 mi|
|24 hours||13° 00' 12.8"||881.95 mi||east||3° 30' 50.6"||241.57 mi||south||908.66 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Recife||Sat 9:30 AM||1173 km||729 miles||633 nm||WNW|
|Salvador||Sat 9:30 AM||1510 km||939 miles||816 nm||W|
|Fortaleza||Sat 9:30 AM||1746 km||1085 miles||943 nm||WNW|
|Jamestown||Sat 12:30 PM||2115 km||1314 miles||1142 nm||ESE|
|Rio de Janeiro *||Sat 10:30 AM||2346 km||1458 miles||1267 nm||SW|
|Monrovia||Sat 12:30 PM||2486 km||1545 miles||1343 nm||NE|
|Freetown||Sat 12:30 PM||2534 km||1574 miles||1368 nm||NNE|
|Brasilia *||Sat 10:30 AM||2555 km||1588 miles||1380 nm||WSW|
|Conakry||Sat 12:30 PM||2607 km||1620 miles||1408 nm||NNE|
|São Paulo *||Sat 10:30 AM||2688 km||1670 miles||1451 nm||WSW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.