Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
The white dot symbolizes the position of the Moon, and the yellow sun symbolizes the position of the sun.
Change time and date
|< 4 weeks||4 weeks >||March equinox|
|< 1 day||1 day >||June solstice|
|< 12 hours||12 hours >||September equinox|
|< 6 hours||6 hours >||December solstice|
|< 1 hour||1 hour >||Now/Current time|
|< 10 minutes||10 minutes >|
- The bright part of the map shows where the moon is over the horizon on Saturday, November 2, 2013 at 12:30:00 UTC.
- The Sun's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Sun will be at its zenith (directly overhead) in relation to an observer.
- The Moon's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Moon will be at its zenith in relation to an observer. Note that the symbol is not showing the current phase of the Moon.
The moon is so close to the Sun that it hard to see from earth.
Fraction of moon illuminated: 1%
|Previous phase||Third Quarter||Saturday, October 26, 2013 at 11:41 PM|
|Next phase||New Moon||Sunday, November 3, 2013 at 12:50 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Saturday, November 2, 2013 at 12:30:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 438.88 meters/second, 1580.0 km/hour, 981.7 miles/hour or 853.1 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 28.4"||16.36 mi||west||0° 00' 09.5"||0.18 mi||south||16.36 mi|
|1 hour||14° 28' 20.6"||981.61 mi||west||0° 09' 32.6"||10.93 mi||south||981.40 mi|
|24 hours||13° 00' 14.9"||882.04 mi||east||3° 30' 48.6"||241.55 mi||south||908.74 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Recife||Sat 9:30 AM||1145 km||711 miles||618 nm||WNW|
|Salvador||Sat 9:30 AM||1481 km||920 miles||800 nm||W|
|Fortaleza||Sat 9:30 AM||1720 km||1069 miles||929 nm||WNW|
|Jamestown||Sat 12:30 PM||2143 km||1332 miles||1157 nm||ESE|
|Rio de Janeiro *||Sat 10:30 AM||2322 km||1443 miles||1254 nm||SW|
|Monrovia||Sat 12:30 PM||2505 km||1557 miles||1353 nm||NE|
|Brasilia *||Sat 10:30 AM||2526 km||1570 miles||1364 nm||WSW|
|Freetown||Sat 12:30 PM||2549 km||1584 miles||1376 nm||NNE|
|Conakry||Sat 12:30 PM||2621 km||1629 miles||1415 nm||NNE|
|São Paulo *||Sat 10:30 AM||2663 km||1655 miles||1438 nm||WSW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.