Moon Light World Map
UTC time = Saturday, November 2, 2013 at 6:30:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
The Moon is so close to the Sun that it is probably impossible to see from earth
Fraction of moon illuminated: 1%
|Previous phase||Third Quarter||Saturday, October 26, 2013 at 11:42 PM|
|Next phase||New Moon||Sunday, November 3, 2013 at 12:51 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Saturday, November 2, 2013 at 18:30:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed is currently 437.17 meters/second, 1573.8 kilometres/hour, 977.9 miles/hour or 849.8 nautical miles/hour (knots). The table below shows position of the the Moon compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude Difference||Latitude Difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 27.9"||16.30 mi||West||0° 00' 09.2"||0.18 mi||South||16.30 mi|
|1 hour||14° 27' 54.0"||977.69 mi||West||0° 09' 11.0"||10.52 mi||South||977.47 mi|
|24 hours||13° 10' 51.1"||890.92 mi||East||3° 20' 05.6"||229.27 mi||South||913.98 mi|
Locations with the Moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Easter Island *||Sat 1:30 PM||1655 km||1028 miles||893 nm||S|
|Adamstown||Sat 10:30 AM||2413 km||1499 miles||1303 nm||SW|
|Galapagos Islands||Sat 12:30 PM||2727 km||1695 miles||1473 nm||ENE|
|Lima||Sat 1:30 PM||3750 km||2330 miles||2025 nm||E|
|Mexico City||Sat 12:30 PM||3760 km||2337 miles||2030 nm||NNE|
|Guatemala||Sat 12:30 PM||3768 km||2342 miles||2035 nm||NE|
|San Salvador||Sat 12:30 PM||3785 km||2352 miles||2044 nm||NE|
|Quito||Sat 1:30 PM||3881 km||2412 miles||2096 nm||ENE|
|Managua||Sat 12:30 PM||3884 km||2413 miles||2097 nm||NE|
|San Jose||Sat 12:30 PM||3904 km||2426 miles||2108 nm||NE|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.