Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
The white dot symbolizes the position of the Moon, and the yellow sun symbolizes the position of the sun.
Change time and date
|< 4 weeks||4 weeks >||March equinox|
|< 1 day||1 day >||June solstice|
|< 12 hours||12 hours >||September equinox|
|< 6 hours||6 hours >||December solstice|
|< 1 hour||1 hour >||Now/Current time|
|< 10 minutes||10 minutes >|
- The bright part of the map shows where the moon is over the horizon on Saturday, November 2, 2013 at 18:50:00 UTC.
- The Sun's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Sun will be at its zenith (directly overhead) in relation to an observer.
- The Moon's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Moon will be at its zenith in relation to an observer. Note that the symbol is not showing the current phase of the Moon.
The moon is so close to the Sun that it is probably impossible to see from earth
Fraction of moon illuminated: 1%
|Previous phase||Third Quarter||Saturday, October 26, 2013 at 11:41 PM|
|Next phase||New Moon||Sunday, November 3, 2013 at 12:50 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Saturday, November 2, 2013 at 18:50:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 437.06 meters/second, 1573.4 km/hour, 977.7 miles/hour or 849.6 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 27.9"||16.29 mi||west||0° 00' 09.2"||0.18 mi||south||16.30 mi|
|1 hour||14° 27' 52.5"||977.53 mi||west||0° 09' 09.8"||10.50 mi||south||977.30 mi|
|24 hours||13° 11' 28.1"||891.49 mi||east||3° 19' 25.8"||228.52 mi||south||914.35 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Easter Island *||Sat 1:50 PM||1801 km||1119 miles||972 nm||SSE|
|Adamstown||Sat 10:50 AM||2000 km||1243 miles||1080 nm||SW|
|Galapagos Islands||Sat 12:50 PM||3238 km||2012 miles||1749 nm||ENE|
|Papeete||Sat 8:50 AM||3587 km||2229 miles||1937 nm||WSW|
|Mexico City||Sat 12:50 PM||4001 km||2486 miles||2161 nm||NNE|
|Guatemala||Sat 12:50 PM||4141 km||2573 miles||2236 nm||NE|
|San Salvador||Sat 12:50 PM||4176 km||2595 miles||2255 nm||NE|
|Lima||Sat 1:50 PM||4303 km||2674 miles||2323 nm||E|
|Managua||Sat 12:50 PM||4309 km||2678 miles||2327 nm||NE|
|San Jose||Sat 12:50 PM||4359 km||2709 miles||2354 nm||ENE|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.