Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
The white dot symbolizes the position of the Moon, and the yellow sun symbolizes the position of the sun.
Change time and date
|< 4 weeks||4 weeks >||March equinox|
|< 1 day||1 day >||June solstice|
|< 12 hours||12 hours >||September equinox|
|< 6 hours||6 hours >||December solstice|
|< 1 hour||1 hour >||Now/Current time|
|< 10 minutes||10 minutes >|
- The bright part of the map shows where the moon is over the horizon on Saturday, November 2, 2013 at 19:00:00 UTC.
- The Sun's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Sun will be at its zenith (directly overhead) in relation to an observer.
- The Moon's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Moon will be at its zenith in relation to an observer. Note that the symbol is not showing the current phase of the Moon.
The moon is so close to the Sun that it is probably impossible to see from earth
Fraction of moon illuminated: 1%
|Previous phase||Third Quarter||Saturday, October 26, 2013 at 11:41 PM|
|Next phase||New Moon||Sunday, November 3, 2013 at 12:50 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Saturday, November 2, 2013 at 19:00:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 437.01 meters/second, 1573.3 km/hour, 977.6 miles/hour or 849.5 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 27.9"||16.29 mi||west||0° 00' 09.2"||0.18 mi||south||16.29 mi|
|1 hour||14° 27' 51.7"||977.35 mi||west||0° 09' 09.2"||10.49 mi||south||977.13 mi|
|24 hours||13° 11' 45.7"||891.67 mi||east||3° 19' 06.8"||228.15 mi||south||914.43 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Adamstown||Sat 11:00 AM||1827 km||1135 miles||986 nm||SW|
|Easter Island *||Sat 2:00 PM||1918 km||1192 miles||1036 nm||SSE|
|Papeete||Sat 9:00 AM||3332 km||2070 miles||1799 nm||WSW|
|Galapagos Islands||Sat 1:00 PM||3486 km||2166 miles||1882 nm||ENE|
|Mexico City||Sat 1:00 PM||4137 km||2571 miles||2234 nm||NNE|
|Guatemala||Sat 1:00 PM||4332 km||2692 miles||2339 nm||NE|
|San Salvador||Sat 1:00 PM||4375 km||2718 miles||2362 nm||NE|
|Rarotonga||Sat 9:00 AM||4441 km||2759 miles||2398 nm||WSW|
|Kiritimati||Sun 9:00 AM||4518 km||2807 miles||2440 nm||WNW|
|Managua||Sat 1:00 PM||4521 km||2809 miles||2441 nm||NE|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.