Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
The white dot symbolizes the position of the Moon, and the yellow sun symbolizes the position of the sun.
Change time and date
|< 4 weeks||4 weeks >||March equinox|
|< 1 day||1 day >||June solstice|
|< 12 hours||12 hours >||September equinox|
|< 6 hours||6 hours >||December solstice|
|< 1 hour||1 hour >||Now/Current time|
|< 10 minutes||10 minutes >|
- The bright part of the map shows where the moon is over the horizon on Saturday, November 2, 2013 at 19:50:00 UTC.
- The Sun's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Sun will be at its zenith (directly overhead) in relation to an observer.
- The Moon's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Moon will be at its zenith in relation to an observer. Note that the symbol is not showing the current phase of the Moon.
The moon is so close to the Sun that it is probably impossible to see from earth
Fraction of moon illuminated: 1%
|Previous phase||Third Quarter||Saturday, October 26, 2013 at 11:42 PM|
|Next phase||New Moon||Sunday, November 3, 2013 at 12:51 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Saturday, November 2, 2013 at 19:50:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 436.78 meters/second, 1572.4 km/hour, 977.0 miles/hour or 849.0 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 27.7"||16.28 mi||west||0° 00' 09.0"||0.17 mi||south||16.28 mi|
|1 hour||14° 27' 48.0"||976.82 mi||west||0° 09' 06.0"||10.43 mi||south||976.59 mi|
|24 hours||13° 13' 11.6"||892.86 mi||east||3° 17' 33.3"||226.36 mi||south||915.12 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Adamstown||Sat 11:50 AM||1395 km||867 miles||753 nm||S|
|Papeete||Sat 9:50 AM||2092 km||1300 miles||1130 nm||WSW|
|Easter Island *||Sat 2:50 PM||2762 km||1716 miles||1492 nm||SE|
|Rarotonga||Sat 9:50 AM||3229 km||2007 miles||1744 nm||WSW|
|Kiritimati||Sun 9:50 AM||3334 km||2072 miles||1800 nm||WNW|
|Alofi||Sat 8:50 AM||4245 km||2637 miles||2292 nm||WSW|
|Apia *||Sun 9:50 AM||4438 km||2758 miles||2397 nm||W|
|Honolulu||Sat 9:50 AM||4767 km||2962 miles||2574 nm||NW|
|Nukualofa||Sun 8:50 AM||4812 km||2990 miles||2598 nm||WSW|
|Mexico City||Sat 1:50 PM||4951 km||3077 miles||2673 nm||NE|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.