Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
The white dot symbolizes the position of the Moon, and the yellow sun symbolizes the position of the sun.
Change time and date
|< 4 weeks||4 weeks >||March equinox|
|< 1 day||1 day >||June solstice|
|< 12 hours||12 hours >||September equinox|
|< 6 hours||6 hours >||December solstice|
|< 1 hour||1 hour >||Now/Current time|
|< 10 minutes||10 minutes >|
- The bright part of the map shows where the moon is over the horizon on Saturday, November 2, 2013 at 19:50:00 UTC.
- The Sun's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Sun will be at its zenith (directly overhead) in relation to an observer.
- The Moon's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Moon will be at its zenith in relation to an observer. Note that the symbol is not showing the current phase of the Moon.
The moon is so close to the Sun that it is probably impossible to see from earth
Fraction of moon illuminated: 1%
|Previous phase||Third Quarter||Saturday, October 26, 2013 at 11:41 PM|
|Next phase||New Moon||Sunday, November 3, 2013 at 12:50 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Saturday, November 2, 2013 at 19:50:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 436.77 meters/second, 1572.4 km/hour, 977.0 miles/hour or 849.0 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 27.7"||16.28 mi||west||0° 00' 09.0"||0.17 mi||south||16.28 mi|
|1 hour||14° 27' 47.9"||976.81 mi||west||0° 09' 05.8"||10.42 mi||south||976.58 mi|
|24 hours||13° 13' 13.6"||892.89 mi||east||3° 17' 31.1"||226.32 mi||south||915.13 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Taiohae||Sat 10:20 AM||999 km||621 miles||539 nm||WNW|
|Adamstown||Sat 11:50 AM||1396 km||868 miles||754 nm||S|
|Papeete||Sat 9:50 AM||2064 km||1283 miles||1115 nm||WSW|
|Easter Island *||Sat 2:50 PM||2785 km||1730 miles||1504 nm||SE|
|Rarotonga||Sat 9:50 AM||3202 km||1990 miles||1729 nm||WSW|
|Kiritimati||Sun 9:50 AM||3308 km||2056 miles||1786 nm||WNW|
|Alofi||Sat 8:50 AM||4216 km||2620 miles||2277 nm||WSW|
|Apia *||Sun 9:50 AM||4409 km||2740 miles||2381 nm||W|
|Honolulu||Sat 9:50 AM||4749 km||2951 miles||2564 nm||NW|
|Nukualofa||Sun 8:50 AM||4784 km||2973 miles||2583 nm||WSW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.