Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Saturday, November 2, 2013 at 8:40:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
The moon is so close to the Sun that it is probably impossible to see from earth
Fraction of moon illuminated: 1%
|Previous phase||Third Quarter||Saturday, October 26, 2013 at 11:42 PM|
|Next phase||New Moon||Sunday, November 3, 2013 at 12:51 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Saturday, November 2, 2013 at 20:40:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 436.53 meters/second, 1571.5 km/hour, 976.5 miles/hour or 848.5 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 27.7"||16.27 mi||West||0° 00' 09.0"||0.17 mi||South||16.27 mi|
|1 hour||14° 27' 44.3"||976.27 mi||West||0° 09' 02.7"||10.36 mi||South||976.04 mi|
|24 hours||13° 14' 39.4"||894.07 mi||East||3° 15' 56.4"||224.51 mi||South||915.82 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Taiohae||Sat 11:10 AM||542 km||337 miles||293 nm||NE|
|Papeete||Sat 10:40 AM||903 km||561 miles||488 nm||SW|
|Adamstown||Sat 12:40 PM||1923 km||1195 miles||1038 nm||SE|
|Rarotonga||Sat 10:40 AM||2037 km||1266 miles||1100 nm||WSW|
|Kiritimati||Sun 10:40 AM||2263 km||1406 miles||1222 nm||NW|
|Alofi||Sat 9:40 AM||2981 km||1853 miles||1610 nm||WSW|
|Fakaofo||Sun 9:40 AM||3117 km||1937 miles||1683 nm||W|
|Apia *||Sun 10:40 AM||3135 km||1948 miles||1693 nm||W|
|Nukualofa||Sun 9:40 AM||3565 km||2215 miles||1925 nm||WSW|
|Easter Island *||Sat 3:40 PM||3843 km||2388 miles||2075 nm||ESE|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.