Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
The white dot symbolizes the position of the Moon, and the yellow sun symbolizes the position of the sun.
Change time and date
|< 4 weeks||4 weeks >||March equinox|
|< 1 day||1 day >||June solstice|
|< 12 hours||12 hours >||September equinox|
|< 6 hours||6 hours >||December solstice|
|< 1 hour||1 hour >||Now/Current time|
|< 10 minutes||10 minutes >|
- The bright part of the map shows where the moon is over the horizon on Saturday, November 2, 2013 at 21:40:00 UTC.
- The Sun's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Sun will be at its zenith (directly overhead) in relation to an observer.
- The Moon's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Moon will be at its zenith in relation to an observer. Note that the symbol is not showing the current phase of the Moon.
The moon is so close to the Sun that it is probably impossible to see from earth
Fraction of moon illuminated: 0%
|Previous phase||Third Quarter||Saturday, October 26, 2013 at 11:42 PM|
|Next phase||New Moon||Sunday, November 3, 2013 at 12:51 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Saturday, November 2, 2013 at 21:40:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 436.24 meters/second, 1570.5 km/hour, 975.8 miles/hour or 848.0 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 27.7"||16.26 mi||west||0° 00' 09.0"||0.17 mi||south||16.26 mi|
|1 hour||14° 27' 39.8"||975.61 mi||west||0° 08' 58.6"||10.29 mi||south||975.37 mi|
|24 hours||13° 16' 24.1"||895.50 mi||east||3° 13' 58.3"||222.26 mi||south||916.65 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Rarotonga||Sat 11:40 AM||973 km||605 miles||526 nm||SSW|
|Papeete||Sat 11:40 AM||986 km||613 miles||533 nm||ESE|
|Alofi||Sat 10:40 AM||1517 km||943 miles||819 nm||WSW|
|Fakaofo||Sun 10:40 AM||1565 km||973 miles||845 nm||WNW|
|Apia *||Sun 11:40 AM||1570 km||976 miles||848 nm||W|
|Kiritimati||Sun 11:40 AM||1618 km||1005 miles||873 nm||N|
|Nukualofa||Sun 10:40 AM||2115 km||1314 miles||1142 nm||WSW|
|Baker Island||Sat 9:40 AM||2555 km||1587 miles||1379 nm||WNW|
|Funafuti||Sun 9:40 AM||2609 km||1621 miles||1409 nm||W|
|Suva *||Sun 10:40 AM||2668 km||1658 miles||1440 nm||WSW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.