Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
The white dot symbolizes the position of the Moon, and the yellow sun symbolizes the position of the sun.
Change time and date
|< 4 weeks||4 weeks >||March equinox|
|< 1 day||1 day >||June solstice|
|< 12 hours||12 hours >||September equinox|
|< 6 hours||6 hours >||December solstice|
|< 1 hour||1 hour >||Now/Current time|
|< 10 minutes||10 minutes >|
- The bright part of the map shows where the moon is over the horizon on Saturday, November 2, 2013 at 23:50:00 UTC.
- The Sun's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Sun will be at its zenith (directly overhead) in relation to an observer.
- The Moon's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Moon will be at its zenith in relation to an observer. Note that the symbol is not showing the current phase of the Moon.
The moon is so close to the Sun that it is probably impossible to see from earth
Fraction of moon illuminated: 0%
|Previous phase||Third Quarter||Saturday, October 26, 2013 at 11:42 PM|
|Next phase||New Moon||Sunday, November 3, 2013 at 12:51 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Saturday, November 2, 2013 at 23:50:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 435.59 meters/second, 1568.1 km/hour, 974.4 miles/hour or 846.7 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 27.5"||16.24 mi||west||0° 00' 08.8"||0.17 mi||south||16.24 mi|
|1 hour||14° 27' 30.1"||974.17 mi||west||0° 08' 49.7"||10.11 mi||south||973.93 mi|
|24 hours||346° 39' 50.0"||898.57 mi||west||3° 09' 36.3"||217.26 mi||south||918.42 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Luganville||Sun 10:50 AM||524 km||326 miles||283 nm||WSW|
|Port Vila||Sun 10:50 AM||609 km||378 miles||329 nm||SSW|
|Lautoka *||Sun 12:50 PM||825 km||512 miles||445 nm||SE|
|Nadi *||Sun 12:50 PM||834 km||519 miles||451 nm||SE|
|Suva *||Sun 12:50 PM||942 km||586 miles||509 nm||SE|
|Funafuti||Sun 11:50 AM||998 km||620 miles||539 nm||ENE|
|Noumea||Sun 10:50 AM||1141 km||709 miles||616 nm||SSW|
|Honiara||Sun 10:50 AM||1308 km||813 miles||706 nm||WNW|
|Yaren||Sun 11:50 AM||1472 km||914 miles||795 nm||NNW|
|Tarawa||Sun 11:50 AM||1614 km||1003 miles||871 nm||N|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.