Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
The white dot symbolizes the position of the Moon, and the yellow sun symbolizes the position of the sun.
Change time and date
|< 4 weeks||4 weeks >||March equinox|
|< 1 day||1 day >||June solstice|
|< 12 hours||12 hours >||September equinox|
|< 6 hours||6 hours >||December solstice|
|< 1 hour||1 hour >||Now/Current time|
|< 10 minutes||10 minutes >|
- The bright part of the map shows where the moon is over the horizon on Sunday, November 3, 2013 at 00:00:00 UTC.
- The Sun's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Sun will be at its zenith (directly overhead) in relation to an observer.
- The Moon's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Moon will be at its zenith in relation to an observer. Note that the symbol is not showing the current phase of the Moon.
The moon is so close to the Sun that it is probably impossible to see from earth
Fraction of moon illuminated: 0%
|Previous phase||Third Quarter||Saturday, October 26, 2013 at 11:41 PM|
|Next phase||New Moon||Sunday, November 3, 2013 at 12:50 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Sunday, November 3, 2013 at 00:00:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 435.54 meters/second, 1567.9 km/hour, 974.3 miles/hour or 846.6 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 27.5"||16.24 mi||west||0° 00' 08.7"||0.17 mi||south||16.24 mi|
|1 hour||14° 27' 29.3"||974.11 mi||west||0° 08' 48.9"||10.10 mi||south||973.87 mi|
|24 hours||346° 39' 30.7"||898.89 mi||west||3° 09' 13.5"||216.84 mi||south||918.63 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Luganville||Sun 11:00 AM||311 km||193 miles||168 nm||SSW|
|Port Vila||Sun 11:00 AM||513 km||319 miles||277 nm||S|
|Honiara||Sun 11:00 AM||1035 km||643 miles||559 nm||WNW|
|Noumea||Sun 11:00 AM||1040 km||646 miles||562 nm||SSW|
|Suva *||Sun 1:00 PM||1184 km||736 miles||639 nm||ESE|
|Funafuti||Sun 12:00 Noon||1260 km||783 miles||680 nm||ENE|
|Yaren||Sun 12:00 Noon||1404 km||873 miles||758 nm||N|
|Tarawa||Sun 12:00 Noon||1676 km||1042 miles||905 nm||NNE|
|Nukualofa||Sun 1:00 PM||1931 km||1200 miles||1042 nm||ESE|
|Apia *||Sun 2:00 PM||2119 km||1317 miles||1144 nm||E|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.