Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Sunday, November 3, 2013 at 12:50:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
The Moon is so close to the Sun that it is probably impossible to see from earth
Fraction of moon illuminated: 0%
|Previous phase||Third Quarter||Saturday, October 26, 2013 at 11:42 PM|
|Next phase||New Moon||Sunday, November 3, 2013 at 12:51 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Sunday, November 3, 2013 at 00:50:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed is currently 435.30 meters/second, 1567.1 kilometres/hour, 973.7 miles/hour or 846.1 nautical miles/hour (knots). The table below shows position of the the Moon compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude Difference||Latitude Difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 27.5"||16.23 mi||West||0° 00' 08.7"||0.17 mi||South||16.23 mi|
|1 hour||14° 27' 25.6"||973.50 mi||West||0° 08' 45.3"||10.03 mi||South||973.26 mi|
|24 hours||13° 21' 53.4"||899.97 mi||East||3° 07' 32.5"||214.90 mi||South||919.21 mi|
Locations with the Moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Honiara||Sun 11:50 AM||537 km||334 miles||290 nm||NE|
|Gizo||Sun 11:50 AM||567 km||352 miles||306 nm||N|
|Arawa||Sun 10:50 AM||788 km||490 miles||425 nm||N|
|Port Moresby||Sun 10:50 AM||1138 km||707 miles||615 nm||WNW|
|Cairns||Sun 10:50 AM||1262 km||784 miles||682 nm||WSW|
|Port Vila||Sun 11:50 AM||1323 km||822 miles||714 nm||ESE|
|Noumea||Sun 11:50 AM||1423 km||884 miles||768 nm||SE|
|Brisbane||Sun 10:50 AM||1627 km||1011 miles||878 nm||SSW|
|Yaren||Sun 12:50 PM||1787 km||1110 miles||965 nm||NE|
|Jayapura||Sun 9:50 AM||2139 km||1329 miles||1155 nm||WNW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.