Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
The white dot symbolizes the position of the Moon, and the yellow sun symbolizes the position of the sun.
Change time and date
|< 4 weeks||4 weeks >||March equinox|
|< 1 day||1 day >||June solstice|
|< 12 hours||12 hours >||September equinox|
|< 6 hours||6 hours >||December solstice|
|< 1 hour||1 hour >||Now/Current time|
|< 10 minutes||10 minutes >|
- The bright part of the map shows where the moon is over the horizon on Sunday, November 3, 2013 at 11:50:00 UTC.
- The Sun's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Sun will be at its zenith (directly overhead) in relation to an observer.
- The Moon's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Moon will be at its zenith in relation to an observer. Note that the symbol is not showing the current phase of the Moon.
The moon is so close to the Sun that it is probably impossible to see from earth
Fraction of moon illuminated: 0%
|Previous phase||Third Quarter||Saturday, October 26, 2013 at 11:41 PM|
|Next phase||New Moon||Sunday, November 3, 2013 at 12:50 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Sunday, November 3, 2013 at 11:50:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 432.00 meters/second, 1555.2 km/hour, 966.4 miles/hour or 839.7 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 26.6"||16.11 mi||west||0° 00' 07.9"||0.15 mi||south||16.11 mi|
|1 hour||14° 26' 36.8"||966.11 mi||west||0° 07' 53.2"||9.04 mi||south||965.86 mi|
|24 hours||13° 40' 11.1"||914.37 mi||east||2° 42' 49.5"||186.60 mi||south||927.28 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Jamestown||Sun 11:50 AM||385 km||239 miles||208 nm||WSW|
|Luanda||Sun 12:50 PM||1818 km||1130 miles||982 nm||ENE|
|São Tomé||Sun 11:50 AM||1947 km||1210 miles||1051 nm||NNE|
|Libreville||Sun 12:50 PM||2121 km||1318 miles||1145 nm||NE|
|Windhoek *||Sun 1:50 PM||2222 km||1381 miles||1200 nm||ESE|
|Abidjan||Sun 11:50 AM||2229 km||1385 miles||1204 nm||N|
|Kinshasa||Sun 12:50 PM||2253 km||1400 miles||1217 nm||ENE|
|Brazzaville||Sun 12:50 PM||2254 km||1401 miles||1217 nm||ENE|
|Accra||Sun 11:50 AM||2259 km||1404 miles||1220 nm||N|
|Lome||Sun 11:50 AM||2344 km||1457 miles||1266 nm||N|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.