Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
The white dot symbolizes the position of the Moon, and the yellow sun symbolizes the position of the sun.
Change time and date
|< 4 weeks||4 weeks >||March equinox|
|< 1 day||1 day >||June solstice|
|< 12 hours||12 hours >||September equinox|
|< 6 hours||6 hours >||December solstice|
|< 1 hour||1 hour >||Now/Current time|
|< 10 minutes||10 minutes >|
- The bright part of the map shows where the moon is over the horizon on Sunday, November 3, 2013 at 13:00:00 UTC.
- The Sun's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Sun will be at its zenith (directly overhead) in relation to an observer.
- The Moon's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Moon will be at its zenith in relation to an observer. Note that the symbol is not showing the current phase of the Moon.
The moon is so close to the Sun that it is probably impossible to see from earth
Fraction of moon illuminated: 0%
|Previous phase||New Moon||Sunday, November 3, 2013 at 12:50 PM|
|Next phase||First Quarter||Sunday, November 10, 2013 at 5:58 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Sunday, November 3, 2013 at 13:00:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 431.65 meters/second, 1554.0 km/hour, 965.6 miles/hour or 839.1 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 26.6"||16.09 mi||west||0° 00' 07.7"||0.15 mi||south||16.09 mi|
|1 hour||14° 26' 31.8"||965.33 mi||west||0° 07' 47.1"||8.92 mi||south||965.08 mi|
|24 hours||13° 42' 01.5"||915.77 mi||east||2° 40' 00.2"||183.37 mi||south||928.05 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Jamestown||Sun 1:00 PM||1450 km||901 miles||783 nm||E|
|Recife||Sun 10:00 AM||1870 km||1162 miles||1010 nm||WNW|
|Salvador||Sun 10:00 AM||2095 km||1302 miles||1131 nm||W|
|Fortaleza||Sun 10:00 AM||2459 km||1528 miles||1328 nm||WNW|
|Monrovia||Sun 1:00 PM||2525 km||1569 miles||1363 nm||NNE|
|Freetown||Sun 1:00 PM||2671 km||1660 miles||1442 nm||NNE|
|Rio de Janeiro *||Sun 11:00 AM||2675 km||1662 miles||1444 nm||WSW|
|Conakry||Sun 1:00 PM||2769 km||1720 miles||1495 nm||NNE|
|Abidjan||Sun 1:00 PM||2795 km||1737 miles||1509 nm||NE|
|Yamoussoukro||Sun 1:00 PM||2853 km||1773 miles||1540 nm||NNE|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.