Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
The white dot symbolizes the position of the Moon, and the yellow sun symbolizes the position of the sun.
Change time and date
|< 4 weeks||4 weeks >||March equinox|
|< 1 day||1 day >||June solstice|
|< 12 hours||12 hours >||September equinox|
|< 6 hours||6 hours >||December solstice|
|< 1 hour||1 hour >||Now/Current time|
|< 10 minutes||10 minutes >|
- The bright part of the map shows where the moon is over the horizon on Sunday, November 3, 2013 at 18:40:00 UTC.
- The Sun's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Sun will be at its zenith (directly overhead) in relation to an observer.
- The Moon's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Moon will be at its zenith in relation to an observer. Note that the symbol is not showing the current phase of the Moon.
The moon is so close to the Sun that it is probably impossible to see from earth
Fraction of moon illuminated: 0%
|Previous phase||New Moon||Sunday, November 3, 2013 at 12:50 PM|
|Next phase||First Quarter||Sunday, November 10, 2013 at 5:58 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Sunday, November 3, 2013 at 18:40:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 429.99 meters/second, 1548.0 km/hour, 961.9 miles/hour or 835.8 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 26.1"||16.03 mi||west||0° 00' 07.2"||0.14 mi||south||16.03 mi|
|1 hour||14° 26' 07.6"||961.67 mi||west||0° 07' 16.1"||8.33 mi||south||961.42 mi|
|24 hours||13° 50' 38.0"||922.27 mi||east||2° 25' 45.5"||167.07 mi||south||931.62 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Easter Island *||Sun 1:40 PM||1532 km||952 miles||827 nm||SSW|
|Galapagos Islands||Sun 12:40 PM||2056 km||1278 miles||1110 nm||NE|
|Lima||Sun 1:40 PM||2621 km||1628 miles||1415 nm||E|
|Quito||Sun 1:40 PM||3004 km||1867 miles||1622 nm||ENE|
|Adamstown||Sun 10:40 AM||3203 km||1990 miles||1730 nm||WSW|
|San Jose||Sun 12:40 PM||3388 km||2105 miles||1830 nm||NE|
|Managua||Sun 12:40 PM||3476 km||2160 miles||1877 nm||NNE|
|San Salvador||Sun 12:40 PM||3496 km||2172 miles||1887 nm||NNE|
|La Paz||Sun 2:40 PM||3516 km||2185 miles||1898 nm||E|
|Guatemala||Sun 12:40 PM||3539 km||2199 miles||1911 nm||NNE|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.