Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
The white dot symbolizes the position of the Moon, and the yellow sun symbolizes the position of the sun.
Change time and date
|< 4 weeks||4 weeks >||March equinox|
|< 1 day||1 day >||June solstice|
|< 12 hours||12 hours >||September equinox|
|< 6 hours||6 hours >||December solstice|
|< 1 hour||1 hour >||Now/Current time|
|< 10 minutes||10 minutes >|
- The bright part of the map shows where the moon is over the horizon on Sunday, November 3, 2013 at 18:50:00 UTC.
- The Sun's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Sun will be at its zenith (directly overhead) in relation to an observer.
- The Moon's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Moon will be at its zenith in relation to an observer. Note that the symbol is not showing the current phase of the Moon.
The moon is so close to the Sun that it is probably impossible to see from earth
Fraction of moon illuminated: 0%
|Previous phase||New Moon||Sunday, November 3, 2013 at 12:50 PM|
|Next phase||First Quarter||Sunday, November 10, 2013 at 5:58 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Sunday, November 3, 2013 at 18:50:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 429.94 meters/second, 1547.8 km/hour, 961.8 miles/hour or 835.7 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 26.1"||16.03 mi||west||0° 00' 07.2"||0.14 mi||south||16.03 mi|
|1 hour||14° 26' 06.9"||961.56 mi||west||0° 07' 15.1"||8.31 mi||south||961.31 mi|
|24 hours||13° 50' 52.5"||922.45 mi||east||2° 25' 19.7"||166.57 mi||south||931.72 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Easter Island *||Sun 1:50 PM||1405 km||873 miles||759 nm||SSW|
|Galapagos Islands||Sun 12:50 PM||2229 km||1385 miles||1204 nm||NE|
|Lima||Sun 1:50 PM||2878 km||1788 miles||1554 nm||E|
|Adamstown||Sun 10:50 AM||2967 km||1844 miles||1602 nm||WSW|
|Quito||Sun 1:50 PM||3226 km||2005 miles||1742 nm||ENE|
|San Jose||Sun 12:50 PM||3543 km||2202 miles||1913 nm||NE|
|San Salvador||Sun 12:50 PM||3605 km||2240 miles||1946 nm||NNE|
|Managua||Sun 12:50 PM||3610 km||2243 miles||1949 nm||NNE|
|Guatemala||Sun 12:50 PM||3636 km||2259 miles||1963 nm||NNE|
|Tegucigalpa||Sun 12:50 PM||3741 km||2324 miles||2020 nm||NNE|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.