Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
The white dot symbolizes the position of the Moon, and the yellow sun symbolizes the position of the sun.
Change time and date
|< 4 weeks||4 weeks >||March equinox|
|< 1 day||1 day >||June solstice|
|< 12 hours||12 hours >||September equinox|
|< 6 hours||6 hours >||December solstice|
|< 1 hour||1 hour >||Now/Current time|
|< 10 minutes||10 minutes >|
- The bright part of the map shows where the moon is over the horizon on Monday, November 4, 2013 at 00:50:00 UTC.
- The Sun's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Sun will be at its zenith (directly overhead) in relation to an observer.
- The Moon's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Moon will be at its zenith in relation to an observer. Note that the symbol is not showing the current phase of the Moon.
The moon is so close to the Sun that it is probably impossible to see from earth
Fraction of moon illuminated: 0%
|Previous phase||New Moon||Sunday, November 3, 2013 at 12:50 PM|
|Next phase||First Quarter||Sunday, November 10, 2013 at 5:58 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Monday, November 4, 2013 at 00:50:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 428.24 meters/second, 1541.7 km/hour, 958.0 miles/hour or 832.4 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 25.7"||15.97 mi||west||0° 00' 06.6"||0.13 mi||south||15.97 mi|
|1 hour||14° 25' 42.5"||957.75 mi||west||0° 06' 39.6"||7.63 mi||south||957.51 mi|
|24 hours||346° 00' 43.9"||928.51 mi||west||2° 09' 18.4"||148.22 mi||south||934.98 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Port Vila||Mon 11:50 AM||234 km||145 miles||126 nm||SW|
|Luganville||Mon 11:50 AM||315 km||196 miles||170 nm||WNW|
|Noumea||Mon 11:50 AM||752 km||467 miles||406 nm||SSW|
|Nadi *||Mon 1:50 PM||807 km||501 miles||436 nm||ESE|
|Lautoka *||Mon 1:50 PM||807 km||502 miles||436 nm||E|
|Suva *||Mon 1:50 PM||919 km||571 miles||496 nm||ESE|
|Funafuti||Mon 12:50 PM||1326 km||824 miles||716 nm||NE|
|Honiara||Mon 11:50 AM||1331 km||827 miles||719 nm||NW|
|Nukualofa||Mon 1:50 PM||1648 km||1024 miles||890 nm||ESE|
|Yaren||Mon 12:50 PM||1782 km||1108 miles||962 nm||N|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.