Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
The white dot symbolizes the position of the Moon, and the yellow sun symbolizes the position of the sun.
Change time and date
|< 4 weeks||4 weeks >||March equinox|
|< 1 day||1 day >||June solstice|
|< 12 hours||12 hours >||September equinox|
|< 6 hours||6 hours >||December solstice|
|< 1 hour||1 hour >||Now/Current time|
|< 10 minutes||10 minutes >|
- The bright part of the map shows where the moon is over the horizon on Monday, November 4, 2013 at 00:50:00 UTC.
- The Sun's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Sun will be at its zenith (directly overhead) in relation to an observer.
- The Moon's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Moon will be at its zenith in relation to an observer. Note that the symbol is not showing the current phase of the Moon.
The moon is so close to the Sun that it is probably impossible to see from earth
Fraction of moon illuminated: 0%
|Previous phase||New Moon||Sunday, November 3, 2013 at 12:51 PM|
|Next phase||First Quarter||Sunday, November 10, 2013 at 5:59 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Monday, November 4, 2013 at 00:50:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 428.25 meters/second, 1541.7 km/hour, 958.0 miles/hour or 832.4 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 25.7"||15.97 mi||west||0° 00' 06.6"||0.13 mi||south||15.97 mi|
|1 hour||14° 25' 42.6"||957.69 mi||west||0° 06' 39.7"||7.64 mi||south||957.45 mi|
|24 hours||346° 00' 45.3"||928.42 mi||west||2° 09' 21.6"||148.27 mi||south||934.90 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Port Vila||Mon 11:50 AM||257 km||159 miles||139 nm||SW|
|Luganville||Mon 11:50 AM||343 km||213 miles||185 nm||WNW|
|Noumea||Mon 11:50 AM||767 km||476 miles||414 nm||SSW|
|Nadi *||Mon 1:50 PM||779 km||484 miles||420 nm||ESE|
|Lautoka *||Mon 1:50 PM||779 km||484 miles||421 nm||ESE|
|Suva *||Mon 1:50 PM||891 km||554 miles||481 nm||ESE|
|Funafuti||Mon 12:50 PM||1304 km||810 miles||704 nm||NE|
|Honiara||Mon 11:50 AM||1354 km||842 miles||731 nm||WNW|
|Nukualofa||Mon 1:50 PM||1621 km||1008 miles||876 nm||ESE|
|Yaren||Mon 12:50 PM||1788 km||1111 miles||965 nm||NNW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.