Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Monday, November 4, 2013 at 5:50:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 2%
|Previous phase||New Moon||Sunday, November 3, 2013 at 12:51 PM|
|Next phase||First Quarter||Sunday, November 10, 2013 at 5:59 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Monday, November 4, 2013 at 17:50:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 423.99 meters/second, 1526.4 km/hour, 948.4 miles/hour or 824.2 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 24.6"||15.81 mi||West||0° 00' 04.7"||0.09 mi||South||15.81 mi|
|1 hour||14° 24' 42.8"||948.16 mi||West||0° 04' 46.0"||5.47 mi||South||947.96 mi|
|24 hours||14° 17' 58.7"||940.78 mi||East||1° 19' 38.7"||91.30 mi||South||941.59 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Arequipa||Mon 12:50 PM||398 km||247 miles||215 nm||ENE|
|Machu Picchu Pueblo||Mon 12:50 PM||593 km||368 miles||320 nm||NNE|
|Lima||Mon 12:50 PM||697 km||433 miles||376 nm||NNW|
|La Paz||Mon 1:50 PM||738 km||458 miles||398 nm||ENE|
|Cobija||Mon 1:50 PM||1015 km||631 miles||548 nm||NE|
|Sucre||Mon 1:50 PM||1023 km||636 miles||552 nm||E|
|Rio Branco||Mon 1:50 PM||1170 km||727 miles||632 nm||NE|
|Santiago *||Mon 2:50 PM||1762 km||1095 miles||951 nm||SSE|
|Guayaquil||Mon 12:50 PM||1830 km||1137 miles||988 nm||NNW|
|Córdoba||Mon 2:50 PM||1837 km||1141 miles||992 nm||SE|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.