Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Monday, November 4, 2013 at 11:40:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 3%
|Previous phase||New Moon||Sunday, November 3, 2013 at 12:51 PM|
|Next phase||First Quarter||Sunday, November 10, 2013 at 5:59 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Monday, November 4, 2013 at 23:40:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 422.80 meters/second, 1522.1 km/hour, 945.8 miles/hour or 821.9 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 24.5"||15.76 mi||West||0° 00' 04.1"||0.08 mi||South||15.76 mi|
|1 hour||14° 24' 26.5"||945.50 mi||West||0° 04' 03.1"||4.65 mi||South||945.33 mi|
|24 hours||14° 22' 21.4"||943.22 mi||East||1° 01' 25.9"||70.42 mi||South||943.00 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Rarotonga||Mon 1:40 PM||322 km||200 miles||174 nm||SSW|
|Papeete||Mon 1:40 PM||999 km||621 miles||539 nm||E|
|Alofi||Mon 12:40 PM||1159 km||720 miles||626 nm||W|
|Apia *||Tue 1:40 PM||1462 km||909 miles||790 nm||WNW|
|Fakaofo||Tue 12:40 PM||1660 km||1032 miles||896 nm||NW|
|Nukualofa||Tue 12:40 PM||1728 km||1074 miles||933 nm||WSW|
|Kiritimati||Tue 1:40 PM||2252 km||1400 miles||1216 nm||N|
|Suva *||Tue 12:40 PM||2391 km||1486 miles||1291 nm||W|
|Funafuti||Tue 11:40 AM||2604 km||1618 miles||1406 nm||WNW|
|Baker Island||Mon 11:40 AM||2815 km||1749 miles||1520 nm||NW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.