Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Tuesday, November 5, 2013 at 12:22:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 3%
|Previous phase||New Moon||Sunday, November 3, 2013 at 12:51 PM|
|Next phase||First Quarter||Sunday, November 10, 2013 at 5:59 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Tuesday, November 5, 2013 at 00:22:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 422.67 meters/second, 1521.6 km/hour, 945.5 miles/hour or 821.6 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 24.3"||15.76 mi||West||0° 00' 04.0"||0.08 mi||South||15.76 mi|
|1 hour||14° 24' 24.6"||945.21 mi||West||0° 03' 57.9"||4.55 mi||South||945.04 mi|
|24 hours||14° 22' 48.3"||943.45 mi||East||0° 59' 13.0"||67.88 mi||South||943.13 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Alofi||Mon 1:22 PM||113 km||70 miles||61 nm||SW|
|Pago Pago||Mon 1:22 PM||498 km||310 miles||269 nm||NNW|
|Neiafu||Tue 1:22 PM||523 km||325 miles||282 nm||W|
|Pangai||Tue 1:22 PM||578 km||359 miles||312 nm||WSW|
|Apia *||Tue 2:22 PM||592 km||368 miles||320 nm||NNW|
|Salelologa (Savai'i) *||Tue 2:22 PM||626 km||389 miles||338 nm||NNW|
|Nukualofa||Tue 1:22 PM||710 km||441 miles||383 nm||WSW|
|Rarotonga||Mon 2:22 PM||1016 km||631 miles||549 nm||ESE|
|Fakaofo||Tue 1:22 PM||1036 km||643 miles||559 nm||NNW|
|Suva *||Tue 1:22 PM||1326 km||824 miles||716 nm||W|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.