Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
The white dot symbolizes the position of the Moon, and the yellow sun symbolizes the position of the sun.
Change time and date
|< 4 weeks||4 weeks >||March equinox|
|< 1 day||1 day >||June solstice|
|< 12 hours||12 hours >||September equinox|
|< 6 hours||6 hours >||December solstice|
|< 1 hour||1 hour >||Now/Current time|
|< 10 minutes||10 minutes >|
- The bright part of the map shows where the moon is over the horizon on Tuesday, November 5, 2013 at 00:22:00 UTC.
- The Sun's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Sun will be at its zenith (directly overhead) in relation to an observer.
- The Moon's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Moon will be at its zenith in relation to an observer. Note that the symbol is not showing the current phase of the Moon.
Fraction of moon illuminated: 3%
|Previous phase||New Moon||Sunday, November 3, 2013 at 12:50 PM|
|Next phase||First Quarter||Sunday, November 10, 2013 at 5:58 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Tuesday, November 5, 2013 at 00:22:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 422.67 meters/second, 1521.6 km/hour, 945.5 miles/hour or 821.6 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 24.3"||15.76 mi||west||0° 00' 04.0"||0.08 mi||south||15.76 mi|
|1 hour||14° 24' 24.6"||945.27 mi||west||0° 03' 57.8"||4.54 mi||south||945.09 mi|
|24 hours||14° 22' 49.0"||943.52 mi||east||0° 59' 09.4"||67.82 mi||south||943.20 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Alofi||Mon 1:22 PM||90 km||56 miles||49 nm||SW|
|Pago Pago||Mon 1:22 PM||490 km||304 miles||264 nm||NNW|
|Neiafu||Tue 1:22 PM||494 km||307 miles||267 nm||W|
|Pangai||Tue 1:22 PM||551 km||342 miles||298 nm||WSW|
|Apia *||Tue 2:22 PM||578 km||359 miles||312 nm||NNW|
|Salelologa (Savai'i) *||Tue 2:22 PM||611 km||379 miles||330 nm||NNW|
|Nukualofa||Tue 1:22 PM||684 km||425 miles||369 nm||WSW|
|Fakaofo||Tue 1:22 PM||1030 km||640 miles||556 nm||NNW|
|Rarotonga||Mon 2:22 PM||1043 km||648 miles||563 nm||ESE|
|Suva *||Tue 1:22 PM||1298 km||806 miles||701 nm||W|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.