Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Tuesday, November 5, 2013 at 5:40:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 4%
|Previous phase||New Moon||Sunday, November 3, 2013 at 12:51 PM|
|Next phase||First Quarter||Sunday, November 10, 2013 at 5:59 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Tuesday, November 5, 2013 at 05:40:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 421.76 meters/second, 1518.3 km/hour, 943.5 miles/hour or 819.8 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 24.1"||15.72 mi||West||0° 00' 03.3"||0.06 mi||South||15.72 mi|
|1 hour||14° 24' 12.3"||943.17 mi||West||0° 03' 17.4"||3.77 mi||South||943.02 mi|
|24 hours||14° 25' 38.3"||944.73 mi||East||0° 42' 16.5"||48.46 mi||South||943.98 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Denpasar||Tue 1:40 PM||1125 km||699 miles||608 nm||N|
|Malang||Tue 12:40 PM||1217 km||756 miles||657 nm||N|
|Surabaya||Tue 12:40 PM||1293 km||803 miles||698 nm||N|
|Surakarta||Tue 12:40 PM||1309 km||813 miles||707 nm||NNW|
|Semarang||Tue 12:40 PM||1385 km||861 miles||748 nm||NNW|
|Perth||Tue 1:40 PM||1462 km||908 miles||789 nm||S|
|Bandung||Tue 12:40 PM||1518 km||943 miles||820 nm||NNW|
|Makassar||Tue 1:40 PM||1599 km||994 miles||864 nm||NNE|
|Jakarta||Tue 12:40 PM||1637 km||1017 miles||884 nm||NNW|
|Dili||Tue 2:40 PM||1639 km||1019 miles||885 nm||NE|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.