Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Wednesday, November 6, 2013 at 11:14:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 12%
|Previous phase||New Moon||Sunday, November 3, 2013 at 12:51 PM|
|Next phase||First Quarter||Sunday, November 10, 2013 at 5:59 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Wednesday, November 6, 2013 at 11:14:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 419.83 meters/second, 1511.4 km/hour, 939.1 miles/hour or 816.1 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 23.7"||15.65 mi||West||0° 00' 00.6"||0.01 mi||North||15.65 mi|
|1 hour||14° 23' 48.7"||938.86 mi||West||0° 00' 41.6"||0.80 mi||North||938.89 mi|
|24 hours||14° 22' 45.3"||937.71 mi||East||0° 53' 42.0"||61.56 mi||North||942.27 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Toamasina||Wed 2:14 PM||157 km||98 miles||85 nm||NNE|
|Antananarivo||Wed 2:14 PM||159 km||99 miles||86 nm||WNW|
|Antsirabe||Wed 2:14 PM||201 km||125 miles||108 nm||WSW|
|Fianarantsoa||Wed 2:14 PM||289 km||179 miles||156 nm||SW|
|Mahajanga||Wed 2:14 PM||499 km||310 miles||270 nm||NNW|
|Saint-Denis||Wed 3:14 PM||701 km||436 miles||379 nm||ESE|
|Mamoutzou||Wed 2:14 PM||839 km||522 miles||453 nm||NNW|
|Port Louis||Wed 3:14 PM||903 km||561 miles||488 nm||E|
|Mutsamudu||Wed 2:14 PM||943 km||586 miles||509 nm||NNW|
|Fomboni||Wed 2:14 PM||970 km||603 miles||524 nm||NW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.