Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
The white dot symbolizes the position of the Moon, and the yellow sun symbolizes the position of the sun.
Change time and date
|< 4 weeks||4 weeks >||March equinox|
|< 1 day||1 day >||June solstice|
|< 12 hours||12 hours >||September equinox|
|< 6 hours||6 hours >||December solstice|
|< 1 hour||1 hour >||Now/Current time|
|< 10 minutes||10 minutes >|
- The bright part of the map shows where the moon is over the horizon on Wednesday, November 6, 2013 at 23:32:00 UTC.
- The Sun's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Sun will be at its zenith (directly overhead) in relation to an observer.
- The Moon's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Moon will be at its zenith in relation to an observer. Note that the symbol is not showing the current phase of the Moon.
Fraction of moon illuminated: 16%
|Previous phase||New Moon||Sunday, November 3, 2013 at 12:50 PM|
|Next phase||First Quarter||Sunday, November 10, 2013 at 5:58 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Wednesday, November 6, 2013 at 23:32:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 420.71 meters/second, 1514.5 km/hour, 941.1 miles/hour or 817.8 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 23.9"||15.69 mi||west||0° 00' 02.3"||0.04 mi||north||15.69 mi|
|1 hour||14° 24' 02.4"||940.90 mi||west||0° 02' 21.4"||2.70 mi||north||941.02 mi|
|24 hours||14° 12' 49.2"||928.69 mi||east||1° 31' 51.3"||105.30 mi||north||938.80 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Adamstown||Wed 3:32 PM||672 km||418 miles||363 nm||SSW|
|Gambier Islands||Wed 2:32 PM||803 km||499 miles||433 nm||SW|
|Easter Island *||Wed 6:32 PM||2142 km||1331 miles||1157 nm||ESE|
|Papeete||Wed 1:32 PM||2236 km||1390 miles||1208 nm||W|
|Rarotonga||Wed 1:32 PM||3275 km||2035 miles||1768 nm||W|
|Kiritimati||Thu 1:32 PM||3923 km||2438 miles||2118 nm||WNW|
|Alofi||Wed 12:32 PM||4351 km||2703 miles||2349 nm||W|
|Apia *||Thu 1:32 PM||4650 km||2889 miles||2511 nm||W|
|Nukualofa||Thu 12:32 PM||4873 km||3028 miles||2631 nm||W|
|Mexico City||Wed 5:32 PM||5338 km||3317 miles||2882 nm||NE|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.