Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Thursday, November 7, 2013 at 5:32:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 23%
|Previous phase||New Moon||Sunday, November 3, 2013 at 12:51 PM|
|Next phase||First Quarter||Sunday, November 10, 2013 at 5:59 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Thursday, November 7, 2013 at 17:32:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 423.60 meters/second, 1525.0 km/hour, 947.6 miles/hour or 823.4 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 24.6"||15.79 mi||West||0° 00' 04.6"||0.09 mi||North||15.79 mi|
|1 hour||14° 24' 43.7"||947.34 mi||West||0° 04' 38.5"||5.32 mi||North||947.57 mi|
|24 hours||13° 51' 26.9"||910.90 mi||East||2° 22' 40.3"||163.52 mi||North||931.27 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Salvador||Thu 2:32 PM||1309 km||814 miles||707 nm||WNW|
|Recife||Thu 2:32 PM||1375 km||854 miles||742 nm||NW|
|Rio de Janeiro *||Thu 3:32 PM||1719 km||1068 miles||928 nm||WSW|
|Fortaleza||Thu 2:32 PM||1997 km||1241 miles||1078 nm||NW|
|São Paulo *||Thu 3:32 PM||2077 km||1291 miles||1122 nm||WSW|
|Brasilia *||Thu 3:32 PM||2186 km||1358 miles||1180 nm||W|
|Jamestown||Thu 5:32 PM||2330 km||1448 miles||1258 nm||E|
|Belém||Thu 2:32 PM||2943 km||1829 miles||1589 nm||NW|
|Asuncion *||Thu 2:32 PM||3209 km||1994 miles||1733 nm||WSW|
|Monrovia||Thu 5:32 PM||3269 km||2031 miles||1765 nm||NE|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.