Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Thursday, November 7, 2013 at 11:22:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 25%
|Previous phase||New Moon||Sunday, November 3, 2013 at 12:51 PM|
|Next phase||First Quarter||Sunday, November 10, 2013 at 5:59 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Thursday, November 7, 2013 at 23:22:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 424.89 meters/second, 1529.6 km/hour, 950.5 miles/hour or 825.9 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 25.0"||15.84 mi||West||0° 00' 05.2"||0.10 mi||North||15.84 mi|
|1 hour||14° 25' 01.6"||950.23 mi||West||0° 05' 19.9"||6.11 mi||North||950.49 mi|
|24 hours||13° 43' 16.4"||904.39 mi||East||2° 37' 34.9"||180.59 mi||North||928.38 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Easter Island *||Thu 6:22 PM||1067 km||663 miles||576 nm||SSE|
|Adamstown||Thu 3:22 PM||2085 km||1296 miles||1126 nm||WSW|
|Galapagos Islands||Thu 5:22 PM||3038 km||1887 miles||1640 nm||NE|
|Lima||Thu 6:22 PM||3763 km||2339 miles||2032 nm||E|
|Papeete||Thu 1:22 PM||4025 km||2501 miles||2173 nm||W|
|Quito||Thu 6:22 PM||4103 km||2549 miles||2215 nm||ENE|
|San Salvador||Thu 5:22 PM||4253 km||2643 miles||2296 nm||NE|
|Guatemala||Thu 5:22 PM||4253 km||2643 miles||2297 nm||NE|
|San Jose||Thu 5:22 PM||4297 km||2670 miles||2320 nm||NE|
|Managua||Thu 5:22 PM||4316 km||2682 miles||2330 nm||NE|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.