Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
The white dot symbolizes the position of the Moon, and the yellow sun symbolizes the position of the sun.
Change time and date
|< 4 weeks||4 weeks >||March equinox|
|< 1 day||1 day >||June solstice|
|< 12 hours||12 hours >||September equinox|
|< 6 hours||6 hours >||December solstice|
|< 1 hour||1 hour >||Now/Current time|
|< 10 minutes||10 minutes >|
- The bright part of the map shows where the moon is over the horizon on Friday, November 8, 2013 at 00:32:00 UTC.
- The Sun's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Sun will be at its zenith (directly overhead) in relation to an observer.
- The Moon's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Moon will be at its zenith in relation to an observer. Note that the symbol is not showing the current phase of the Moon.
Fraction of moon illuminated: 26%
|Previous phase||New Moon||Sunday, November 3, 2013 at 12:50 PM|
|Next phase||First Quarter||Sunday, November 10, 2013 at 5:58 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Friday, November 8, 2013 at 00:32:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 425.17 meters/second, 1530.6 km/hour, 951.1 miles/hour or 826.5 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 25.0"||15.85 mi||west||0° 00' 05.3"||0.10 mi||north||15.85 mi|
|1 hour||14° 25' 05.4"||950.92 mi||west||0° 05' 28.0"||6.27 mi||north||951.18 mi|
|24 hours||13° 41' 33.7"||903.10 mi||east||2° 40' 30.2"||183.96 mi||north||927.83 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Adamstown||Thu 4:32 PM||843 km||524 miles||455 nm||S|
|Gambier Islands||Thu 3:32 PM||900 km||559 miles||486 nm||SW|
|Papeete||Thu 2:32 PM||2218 km||1378 miles||1197 nm||W|
|Easter Island *||Thu 7:32 PM||2249 km||1398 miles||1214 nm||ESE|
|Rarotonga||Thu 2:32 PM||3287 km||2043 miles||1775 nm||WSW|
|Kiritimati||Fri 2:32 PM||3809 km||2367 miles||2057 nm||WNW|
|Alofi||Thu 1:32 PM||4354 km||2705 miles||2351 nm||W|
|Apia *||Fri 2:32 PM||4629 km||2877 miles||2500 nm||W|
|Nukualofa||Fri 1:32 PM||4888 km||3037 miles||2639 nm||WSW|
|Mexico City||Thu 6:32 PM||5213 km||3239 miles||2815 nm||NE|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.