Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Friday, November 8, 2013 at 12:32:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 26%
|Previous phase||New Moon||Sunday, November 3, 2013 at 12:51 PM|
|Next phase||First Quarter||Sunday, November 10, 2013 at 5:59 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Friday, November 8, 2013 at 00:32:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 425.17 meters/second, 1530.6 km/hour, 951.1 miles/hour or 826.5 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 25.0"||15.85 mi||West||0° 00' 05.3"||0.10 mi||North||15.85 mi|
|1 hour||14° 25' 05.3"||950.85 mi||West||0° 05' 27.9"||6.26 mi||North||951.11 mi|
|24 hours||13° 41' 35.3"||903.06 mi||East||2° 40' 27.5"||183.89 mi||North||927.77 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Adamstown||Thu 4:32 PM||849 km||527 miles||458 nm||SSW|
|Gambier Islands||Thu 3:32 PM||920 km||572 miles||497 nm||SW|
|Easter Island *||Thu 7:32 PM||2225 km||1382 miles||1201 nm||ESE|
|Papeete||Thu 2:32 PM||2246 km||1396 miles||1213 nm||W|
|Rarotonga||Thu 2:32 PM||3315 km||2060 miles||1790 nm||WSW|
|Kiritimati||Fri 2:32 PM||3834 km||2382 miles||2070 nm||WNW|
|Alofi||Thu 1:32 PM||4382 km||2723 miles||2366 nm||W|
|Apia *||Fri 2:32 PM||4658 km||2894 miles||2515 nm||W|
|Nukualofa||Fri 1:32 PM||4916 km||3055 miles||2654 nm||WSW|
|Mexico City||Thu 6:32 PM||5195 km||3228 miles||2805 nm||NE|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.