Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Friday, November 8, 2013 at 3:50:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 32%
|Previous phase||New Moon||Sunday, November 3, 2013 at 12:51 PM|
|Next phase||First Quarter||Sunday, November 10, 2013 at 5:59 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Friday, November 8, 2013 at 15:50:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 429.17 meters/second, 1545.0 km/hour, 960.0 miles/hour or 834.2 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 25.9"||16.00 mi||West||0° 00' 07.0"||0.13 mi||North||16.00 mi|
|1 hour||14° 25' 59.4"||959.84 mi||West||0° 07' 05.6"||8.13 mi||North||960.15 mi|
|24 hours||13° 18' 31.2"||885.08 mi||East||3° 14' 51.0"||223.27 mi||North||919.27 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Lubango||Fri 4:50 PM||302 km||188 miles||163 nm||ENE|
|Opuwo *||Fri 5:50 PM||389 km||241 miles||210 nm||SE|
|Huambo||Fri 4:50 PM||630 km||392 miles||340 nm||ENE|
|Menongue||Fri 4:50 PM||745 km||463 miles||402 nm||E|
|Luanda||Fri 4:50 PM||830 km||516 miles||448 nm||NNE|
|Swakopmund *||Fri 5:50 PM||834 km||518 miles||450 nm||SSE|
|Walvis Bay *||Fri 5:50 PM||860 km||534 miles||464 nm||SSE|
|Malanje||Fri 4:50 PM||925 km||575 miles||499 nm||NE|
|Rundu *||Fri 5:50 PM||968 km||602 miles||523 nm||ESE|
|Windhoek *||Fri 5:50 PM||977 km||607 miles||528 nm||SE|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.