Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Friday, November 8, 2013 at 5:02:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 33%
|Previous phase||New Moon||Sunday, November 3, 2013 at 12:51 PM|
|Next phase||First Quarter||Sunday, November 10, 2013 at 5:59 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Friday, November 8, 2013 at 17:02:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 429.51 meters/second, 1546.2 km/hour, 960.8 miles/hour or 834.9 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 25.9"||16.01 mi||West||0° 00' 07.2"||0.14 mi||North||16.01 mi|
|1 hour||14° 26' 04.0"||960.60 mi||West||0° 07' 12.6"||8.26 mi||North||960.92 mi|
|24 hours||13° 16' 40.2"||883.65 mi||East||3° 17' 16.5"||226.04 mi||North||918.57 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Jamestown||Fri 5:02 PM||76 km||47 miles||41 nm||E|
|Luanda||Fri 6:02 PM||2272 km||1412 miles||1227 nm||ENE|
|São Tomé||Fri 5:02 PM||2300 km||1429 miles||1242 nm||NE|
|Abidjan||Fri 5:02 PM||2355 km||1463 miles||1271 nm||N|
|Accra||Fri 5:02 PM||2462 km||1530 miles||1329 nm||NNE|
|Monrovia||Fri 5:02 PM||2497 km||1552 miles||1348 nm||NNW|
|Libreville||Fri 6:02 PM||2503 km||1556 miles||1352 nm||NE|
|Yamoussoukro||Fri 5:02 PM||2509 km||1559 miles||1355 nm||N|
|Lome||Fri 5:02 PM||2571 km||1598 miles||1388 nm||NNE|
|Windhoek *||Fri 7:02 PM||2578 km||1602 miles||1392 nm||ESE|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.