Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Friday, November 8, 2013 at 8:50:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 34%
|Previous phase||New Moon||Sunday, November 3, 2013 at 12:51 PM|
|Next phase||First Quarter||Sunday, November 10, 2013 at 5:59 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Friday, November 8, 2013 at 20:50:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 430.60 meters/second, 1550.2 km/hour, 963.2 miles/hour or 837.0 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 26.3"||16.05 mi||West||0° 00' 07.5"||0.14 mi||North||16.05 mi|
|1 hour||14° 26' 18.4"||963.04 mi||West||0° 07' 34.2"||8.67 mi||North||963.37 mi|
|24 hours||13° 10' 48.6"||879.15 mi||East||3° 24' 41.2"||234.53 mi||North||916.30 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|San Ignacio de Velasco||Fri 4:50 PM||116 km||72 miles||63 nm||SSE|
|Santa Cruz||Fri 4:50 PM||336 km||209 miles||181 nm||SW|
|Sucre||Fri 4:50 PM||586 km||364 miles||317 nm||SW|
|Riberalta||Fri 4:50 PM||708 km||440 miles||382 nm||NW|
|La Paz||Fri 4:50 PM||744 km||463 miles||402 nm||W|
|Rio Branco||Fri 4:50 PM||928 km||577 miles||501 nm||NW|
|Cobija||Fri 4:50 PM||943 km||586 miles||509 nm||WNW|
|Asuncion *||Fri 5:50 PM||1161 km||721 miles||627 nm||SSE|
|Manaus||Fri 4:50 PM||1362 km||847 miles||736 nm||N|
|Brasilia *||Fri 6:50 PM||1437 km||893 miles||776 nm||E|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.