Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Friday, November 8, 2013 at 9:50:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 35%
|Previous phase||New Moon||Sunday, November 3, 2013 at 12:51 PM|
|Next phase||First Quarter||Sunday, November 10, 2013 at 5:59 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Friday, November 8, 2013 at 21:50:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 430.89 meters/second, 1551.2 km/hour, 963.9 miles/hour or 837.6 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 26.3"||16.06 mi||West||0° 00' 07.5"||0.15 mi||North||16.06 mi|
|1 hour||14° 26' 22.3"||963.70 mi||West||0° 07' 39.6"||8.78 mi||North||964.03 mi|
|24 hours||13° 09' 16.4"||877.96 mi||East||3° 26' 34.1"||236.68 mi||North||915.70 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Ica||Fri 4:50 PM||131 km||81 miles||71 nm||N|
|Lima||Fri 4:50 PM||380 km||236 miles||205 nm||NNW|
|Callao||Fri 4:50 PM||387 km||240 miles||209 nm||NNW|
|Machu Picchu Pueblo||Fri 4:50 PM||415 km||258 miles||224 nm||ENE|
|Arequipa||Fri 4:50 PM||466 km||289 miles||251 nm||ESE|
|La Paz||Fri 5:50 PM||824 km||512 miles||445 nm||E|
|Trujillo||Fri 4:50 PM||868 km||539 miles||468 nm||NNW|
|Rio Branco||Fri 5:50 PM||1037 km||644 miles||560 nm||ENE|
|Sucre||Fri 5:50 PM||1188 km||738 miles||642 nm||ESE|
|Guayaquil||Fri 4:50 PM||1513 km||940 miles||817 nm||NNW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.