Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Friday, November 8, 2013 at 10:02:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 35%
|Previous phase||New Moon||Sunday, November 3, 2013 at 12:51 PM|
|Next phase||First Quarter||Sunday, November 10, 2013 at 5:59 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Friday, November 8, 2013 at 22:02:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 430.95 meters/second, 1551.4 km/hour, 964.0 miles/hour or 837.7 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 26.3"||16.07 mi||West||0° 00' 07.5"||0.15 mi||North||16.07 mi|
|1 hour||14° 26' 23.1"||963.83 mi||West||0° 07' 40.8"||8.80 mi||North||964.16 mi|
|24 hours||13° 08' 57.9"||877.73 mi||East||3° 26' 56.6"||237.11 mi||North||915.58 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Callao||Fri 5:02 PM||387 km||240 miles||209 nm||NNE|
|Lima||Fri 5:02 PM||389 km||242 miles||210 nm||NNE|
|Machu Picchu Pueblo||Fri 5:02 PM||695 km||432 miles||375 nm||ENE|
|Arequipa||Fri 5:02 PM||768 km||477 miles||415 nm||E|
|Trujillo||Fri 5:02 PM||788 km||489 miles||425 nm||N|
|La Paz||Fri 6:02 PM||1131 km||703 miles||610 nm||E|
|Rio Branco||Fri 6:02 PM||1307 km||812 miles||706 nm||ENE|
|Guayaquil||Fri 5:02 PM||1446 km||898 miles||781 nm||N|
|Sucre||Fri 6:02 PM||1481 km||920 miles||799 nm||ESE|
|Quito||Fri 5:02 PM||1659 km||1031 miles||896 nm||N|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.