Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Friday, November 8, 2013 at 11:32:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 36%
|Previous phase||New Moon||Sunday, November 3, 2013 at 12:51 PM|
|Next phase||First Quarter||Sunday, November 10, 2013 at 5:59 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Friday, November 8, 2013 at 23:32:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 431.39 meters/second, 1553.0 km/hour, 965.0 miles/hour or 838.5 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 26.3"||16.08 mi||West||0° 00' 07.7"||0.15 mi||North||16.08 mi|
|1 hour||14° 26' 28.9"||964.81 mi||West||0° 07' 48.9"||8.96 mi||North||965.14 mi|
|24 hours||13° 06' 39.7"||875.96 mi||East||3° 29' 42.3"||240.27 mi||North||914.67 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Easter Island *||Fri 6:32 PM||1633 km||1014 miles||882 nm||SSW|
|Galapagos Islands||Fri 5:32 PM||1953 km||1214 miles||1055 nm||NE|
|Lima||Fri 6:32 PM||2534 km||1575 miles||1369 nm||E|
|Guayaquil||Fri 6:32 PM||2648 km||1645 miles||1430 nm||ENE|
|Quito||Fri 6:32 PM||2900 km||1802 miles||1566 nm||ENE|
|San Jose||Fri 5:32 PM||3287 km||2043 miles||1775 nm||NNE|
|Adamstown||Fri 3:32 PM||3304 km||2053 miles||1784 nm||WSW|
|Managua||Fri 5:32 PM||3379 km||2099 miles||1824 nm||NNE|
|San Salvador||Fri 5:32 PM||3403 km||2114 miles||1837 nm||NNE|
|La Paz||Fri 7:32 PM||3444 km||2140 miles||1859 nm||E|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.