Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Saturday, November 9, 2013 at 12:02:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 36%
|Previous phase||New Moon||Sunday, November 3, 2013 at 12:51 PM|
|Next phase||First Quarter||Sunday, November 10, 2013 at 5:59 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Saturday, November 9, 2013 at 00:02:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 431.53 meters/second, 1553.5 km/hour, 965.3 miles/hour or 838.8 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 26.4"||16.09 mi||West||0° 00' 07.7"||0.15 mi||North||16.09 mi|
|1 hour||14° 26' 30.7"||965.14 mi||West||0° 07' 51.6"||9.01 mi||North||965.47 mi|
|24 hours||13° 05' 53.7"||875.37 mi||East||3° 30' 36.7"||241.30 mi||North||914.36 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Easter Island *||Fri 7:02 PM||1356 km||842 miles||732 nm||S|
|Galapagos Islands||Fri 6:02 PM||2507 km||1558 miles||1354 nm||NE|
|Adamstown||Fri 4:02 PM||2612 km||1623 miles||1410 nm||WSW|
|Lima||Fri 7:02 PM||3309 km||2056 miles||1787 nm||E|
|Quito||Fri 7:02 PM||3580 km||2225 miles||1933 nm||ENE|
|San Salvador||Fri 6:02 PM||3756 km||2334 miles||2028 nm||NNE|
|Guatemala||Fri 6:02 PM||3766 km||2340 miles||2033 nm||NNE|
|San Jose||Fri 6:02 PM||3774 km||2345 miles||2038 nm||NE|
|Managua||Fri 6:02 PM||3803 km||2363 miles||2054 nm||NE|
|Mexico City||Fri 6:02 PM||3912 km||2431 miles||2112 nm||NNE|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.