Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Saturday, November 9, 2013 at 3:50:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 38%
|Previous phase||New Moon||Sunday, November 3, 2013 at 12:51 PM|
|Next phase||First Quarter||Sunday, November 10, 2013 at 5:59 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Saturday, November 9, 2013 at 03:50:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 432.65 meters/second, 1557.5 km/hour, 967.8 miles/hour or 841.0 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 26.6"||16.13 mi||West||0° 00' 08.0"||0.16 mi||North||16.13 mi|
|1 hour||14° 26' 45.5"||967.65 mi||West||0° 08' 11.4"||9.38 mi||North||967.99 mi|
|24 hours||13° 00' 05.8"||870.92 mi||East||3° 37' 15.9"||248.92 mi||North||912.03 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Rarotonga||Fri 5:50 PM||799 km||496 miles||431 nm||SSE|
|Pago Pago||Fri 4:50 PM||899 km||559 miles||485 nm||W|
|Alofi||Fri 4:50 PM||952 km||592 miles||514 nm||WSW|
|Apia *||Sat 5:50 PM||1017 km||632 miles||549 nm||W|
|Fakaofo||Sat 4:50 PM||1115 km||693 miles||602 nm||WNW|
|Papeete||Fri 5:50 PM||1412 km||877 miles||763 nm||ESE|
|Nukualofa||Sat 4:50 PM||1547 km||961 miles||835 nm||WSW|
|Kiritimati||Sat 5:50 PM||1889 km||1174 miles||1020 nm||NNE|
|Suva *||Sat 4:50 PM||2091 km||1299 miles||1129 nm||WSW|
|Funafuti||Sat 3:50 PM||2114 km||1314 miles||1142 nm||WNW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.