Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
The white dot symbolizes the position of the Moon, and the yellow sun symbolizes the position of the sun.
Change time and date
|< 4 weeks||4 weeks >||March equinox|
|< 1 day||1 day >||June solstice|
|< 12 hours||12 hours >||September equinox|
|< 6 hours||6 hours >||December solstice|
|< 1 hour||1 hour >||Now/Current time|
|< 10 minutes||10 minutes >|
- The bright part of the map shows where the moon is over the horizon on Saturday, November 9, 2013 at 03:50:00 UTC.
- The Sun's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Sun will be at its zenith (directly overhead) in relation to an observer.
- The Moon's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Moon will be at its zenith in relation to an observer. Note that the symbol is not showing the current phase of the Moon.
Fraction of moon illuminated: 38%
|Previous phase||New Moon||Sunday, November 3, 2013 at 12:50 PM|
|Next phase||First Quarter||Sunday, November 10, 2013 at 5:58 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Saturday, November 9, 2013 at 03:50:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 432.66 meters/second, 1557.6 km/hour, 967.8 miles/hour or 841.0 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 26.6"||16.13 mi||west||0° 00' 08.0"||0.16 mi||north||16.13 mi|
|1 hour||14° 26' 45.5"||967.66 mi||west||0° 08' 11.4"||9.39 mi||north||968.00 mi|
|24 hours||13° 00' 04.0"||870.90 mi||east||3° 37' 17.9"||248.95 mi||north||912.01 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Rarotonga||Fri 5:50 PM||809 km||503 miles||437 nm||SSE|
|Pago Pago||Fri 4:50 PM||870 km||540 miles||470 nm||W|
|Alofi||Fri 4:50 PM||928 km||576 miles||501 nm||SW|
|Apia *||Sat 5:50 PM||988 km||614 miles||534 nm||W|
|Fakaofo||Sat 4:50 PM||1092 km||679 miles||590 nm||WNW|
|Papeete||Fri 5:50 PM||1440 km||895 miles||777 nm||ESE|
|Nukualofa||Sat 4:50 PM||1522 km||946 miles||822 nm||WSW|
|Kiritimati||Sat 5:50 PM||1897 km||1179 miles||1024 nm||NNE|
|Suva *||Sat 4:50 PM||2063 km||1282 miles||1114 nm||WSW|
|Funafuti||Sat 3:50 PM||2084 km||1295 miles||1126 nm||WNW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.