Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
The white dot symbolizes the position of the Moon, and the yellow sun symbolizes the position of the sun.
Change time and date
|< 4 weeks||4 weeks >||March equinox|
|< 1 day||1 day >||June solstice|
|< 12 hours||12 hours >||September equinox|
|< 6 hours||6 hours >||December solstice|
|< 1 hour||1 hour >||Now/Current time|
|< 10 minutes||10 minutes >|
- The bright part of the map shows where the moon is over the horizon on Saturday, November 9, 2013 at 03:50:00 UTC.
- The Sun's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Sun will be at its zenith (directly overhead) in relation to an observer.
- The Moon's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Moon will be at its zenith in relation to an observer. Note that the symbol is not showing the current phase of the Moon.
Fraction of moon illuminated: 38%
|Previous phase||New Moon||Sunday, November 3, 2013 at 12:51 PM|
|Next phase||First Quarter||Sunday, November 10, 2013 at 5:59 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Saturday, November 9, 2013 at 03:50:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 432.65 meters/second, 1557.5 km/hour, 967.8 miles/hour or 841.0 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 26.6"||16.13 mi||west||0° 00' 08.0"||0.16 mi||north||16.13 mi|
|1 hour||14° 26' 45.5"||967.65 mi||west||0° 08' 11.4"||9.38 mi||north||967.99 mi|
|24 hours||13° 00' 05.8"||870.92 mi||east||3° 37' 15.9"||248.92 mi||north||912.03 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Rarotonga||Fri 5:50 PM||799 km||496 miles||431 nm||SSE|
|Pago Pago||Fri 4:50 PM||899 km||558 miles||485 nm||W|
|Alofi||Fri 4:50 PM||952 km||591 miles||514 nm||WSW|
|Apia *||Sat 5:50 PM||1017 km||632 miles||549 nm||W|
|Fakaofo||Sat 4:50 PM||1117 km||694 miles||603 nm||WNW|
|Papeete||Fri 5:50 PM||1412 km||877 miles||762 nm||ESE|
|Nukualofa||Sat 4:50 PM||1547 km||961 miles||835 nm||WSW|
|Kiritimati||Sat 5:50 PM||1889 km||1174 miles||1020 nm||NNE|
|Suva *||Sat 4:50 PM||2091 km||1299 miles||1129 nm||WSW|
|Funafuti||Sat 3:50 PM||2112 km||1313 miles||1141 nm||WNW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.