Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Saturday, November 9, 2013 at 5:02:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 38%
|Previous phase||New Moon||Sunday, November 3, 2013 at 12:51 PM|
|Next phase||First Quarter||Sunday, November 10, 2013 at 5:59 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Saturday, November 9, 2013 at 05:02:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 433.01 meters/second, 1558.8 km/hour, 968.6 miles/hour or 841.7 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 26.8"||16.14 mi||West||0° 00' 08.2"||0.16 mi||North||16.14 mi|
|1 hour||14° 26' 50.2"||968.44 mi||West||0° 08' 17.3"||9.50 mi||North||968.78 mi|
|24 hours||12° 58' 16.8"||869.53 mi||East||3° 39' 16.9"||251.22 mi||North||911.28 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Labasa *||Sat 6:02 PM||257 km||159 miles||139 nm||SSW|
|Mata-Utu||Sat 5:02 PM||398 km||247 miles||215 nm||ENE|
|Levuka *||Sat 6:02 PM||406 km||253 miles||219 nm||SSW|
|Suva *||Sat 6:02 PM||470 km||292 miles||254 nm||SSW|
|Lautoka *||Sat 6:02 PM||476 km||296 miles||257 nm||SW|
|Nadi *||Sat 6:02 PM||496 km||308 miles||268 nm||SW|
|Funafuti||Sat 5:02 PM||650 km||404 miles||351 nm||N|
|Neiafu||Sat 6:02 PM||778 km||484 miles||420 nm||SE|
|Salelologa (Savai'i) *||Sat 7:02 PM||811 km||504 miles||438 nm||E|
|Pangai||Sat 6:02 PM||835 km||519 miles||451 nm||SE|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.