Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Saturday, November 9, 2013 at 5:58:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 39%
|Previous phase||New Moon||Sunday, November 3, 2013 at 12:51 PM|
|Next phase||First Quarter||Sunday, November 10, 2013 at 5:59 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Saturday, November 9, 2013 at 05:58:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 433.28 meters/second, 1559.8 km/hour, 969.2 miles/hour or 842.2 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 26.8"||16.15 mi||West||0° 00' 08.2"||0.16 mi||North||16.15 mi|
|1 hour||14° 26' 53.8"||969.06 mi||West||0° 08' 22.0"||9.59 mi||North||969.40 mi|
|24 hours||12° 56' 52.2"||868.45 mi||East||3° 40' 49.2"||252.99 mi||North||910.70 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Luganville||Sat 4:58 PM||155 km||96 miles||84 nm||SSE|
|Port Vila||Sat 4:58 PM||427 km||266 miles||231 nm||SSE|
|Noumea||Sat 4:58 PM||899 km||558 miles||485 nm||S|
|Honiara||Sat 4:58 PM||912 km||567 miles||492 nm||NW|
|Suva *||Sat 6:58 PM||1317 km||819 miles||711 nm||ESE|
|Funafuti||Sat 5:58 PM||1489 km||925 miles||804 nm||ENE|
|Yaren||Sat 5:58 PM||1506 km||936 miles||813 nm||N|
|Tarawa||Sat 5:58 PM||1853 km||1152 miles||1001 nm||NNE|
|Brisbane||Sat 3:58 PM||2053 km||1276 miles||1109 nm||SW|
|Nukualofa||Sat 6:58 PM||2057 km||1278 miles||1111 nm||ESE|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.