Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Saturday, November 9, 2013 at 8:50:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 40%
|Previous phase||New Moon||Sunday, November 3, 2013 at 12:51 PM|
|Next phase||First Quarter||Sunday, November 10, 2013 at 5:59 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Saturday, November 9, 2013 at 08:50:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed is currently 434.13 meters/second, 1562.9 kilometres/hour, 971.1 miles/hour or 843.9 nautical miles/hour (knots). The table below shows position of the the Moon compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude Difference||Latitude Difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 27.0"||16.18 mi||West||0° 00' 08.5"||0.16 mi||North||16.19 mi|
|1 hour||14° 27' 05.0"||970.96 mi||West||0° 08' 35.8"||9.85 mi||North||971.31 mi|
|24 hours||12° 52' 34.7"||865.17 mi||East||3° 45' 23.7"||258.22 mi||North||908.90 mi|
Locations with the Moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Kupang||Sat 4:50 PM||444 km||276 miles||240 nm||NNW|
|Suai||Sat 5:50 PM||492 km||306 miles||266 nm||N|
|Same||Sat 5:50 PM||527 km||327 miles||284 nm||N|
|Dili||Sat 5:50 PM||576 km||358 miles||311 nm||N|
|Baucau||Sat 5:50 PM||597 km||371 miles||323 nm||NNE|
|Darwin||Sat 6:20 PM||608 km||378 miles||329 nm||ENE|
|Ende||Sat 4:50 PM||680 km||423 miles||367 nm||NW|
|Raba||Sat 4:50 PM||939 km||583 miles||507 nm||NW|
|Kendari||Sat 4:50 PM||1127 km||700 miles||608 nm||NNW|
|Makassar||Sat 4:50 PM||1157 km||719 miles||625 nm||NW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.