Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Saturday, November 9, 2013 at 10:50:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 41%
|Previous phase||New Moon||Sunday, November 3, 2013 at 12:51 PM|
|Next phase||First Quarter||Sunday, November 10, 2013 at 5:59 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Saturday, November 9, 2013 at 10:50:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 434.72 meters/second, 1565.0 km/hour, 972.4 miles/hour or 845.0 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 27.2"||16.21 mi||West||0° 00' 08.7"||0.17 mi||North||16.21 mi|
|1 hour||14° 27' 12.7"||972.29 mi||West||0° 08' 45.0"||10.03 mi||North||972.64 mi|
|24 hours||12° 49' 37.2"||862.90 mi||East||3° 48' 26.8"||261.71 mi||North||907.64 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Bantam||Sat 5:20 PM||157 km||97 miles||85 nm||NNE|
|Bengkulu||Sat 5:50 PM||1245 km||773 miles||672 nm||NNE|
|Jakarta||Sat 5:50 PM||1393 km||865 miles||752 nm||NE|
|Bandung||Sat 5:50 PM||1417 km||881 miles||765 nm||ENE|
|Palembang||Sat 5:50 PM||1474 km||916 miles||796 nm||NE|
|Singapore||Sat 6:50 PM||1823 km||1133 miles||984 nm||NNE|
|Malang||Sat 5:50 PM||1879 km||1168 miles||1015 nm||ENE|
|Medan||Sat 5:50 PM||1902 km||1182 miles||1027 nm||N|
|Surabaya||Sat 5:50 PM||1907 km||1185 miles||1030 nm||ENE|
|Kuala Lumpur||Sat 6:50 PM||1925 km||1196 miles||1039 nm||NNE|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.