Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Saturday, November 9, 2013 at 3:50:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 43%
|Previous phase||New Moon||Sunday, November 3, 2013 at 12:51 PM|
|Next phase||First Quarter||Sunday, November 10, 2013 at 5:59 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Saturday, November 9, 2013 at 15:50:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed is currently 436.19 meters/second, 1570.3 kilometres/hour, 975.7 miles/hour or 847.9 nautical miles/hour (knots). The table below shows position of the the Moon compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude Difference||Latitude Difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 27.5"||16.26 mi||West||0° 00' 09.0"||0.17 mi||North||16.26 mi|
|1 hour||14° 27' 32.0"||975.58 mi||West||0° 09' 06.9"||10.44 mi||North||975.93 mi|
|24 hours||12° 42' 22.1"||857.34 mi||East||3° 55' 35.0"||269.87 mi||North||904.47 mi|
Locations with the Moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Mongu||Sat 5:50 PM||304 km||189 miles||164 nm||SSW|
|Lubumbashi||Sat 5:50 PM||375 km||233 miles||203 nm||ENE|
|Kitwe||Sat 5:50 PM||435 km||270 miles||235 nm||E|
|Luena||Sat 4:50 PM||479 km||297 miles||258 nm||WNW|
|Ndola||Sat 5:50 PM||481 km||299 miles||260 nm||E|
|Kabwe||Sat 5:50 PM||497 km||309 miles||268 nm||ESE|
|Lusaka||Sat 5:50 PM||531 km||330 miles||287 nm||SE|
|Lucapa||Sat 4:50 PM||609 km||379 miles||329 nm||NW|
|Mbuji-Mayi||Sat 5:50 PM||734 km||456 miles||396 nm||N|
|Menongue||Sat 4:50 PM||736 km||457 miles||397 nm||WSW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.