Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Saturday, November 9, 2013 at 7:50:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 45%
|Previous phase||New Moon||Sunday, November 3, 2013 at 12:51 PM|
|Next phase||First Quarter||Sunday, November 10, 2013 at 5:59 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Saturday, November 9, 2013 at 19:50:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 437.34 meters/second, 1574.4 km/hour, 978.3 miles/hour or 850.1 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 27.7"||16.30 mi||West||0° 00' 09.3"||0.18 mi||North||16.31 mi|
|1 hour||14° 27' 47.1"||978.17 mi||West||0° 09' 23.2"||10.75 mi||North||978.51 mi|
|24 hours||12° 36' 44.5"||853.02 mi||East||4° 00' 47.0"||275.81 mi||North||901.91 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Maceió||Sat 4:50 PM||357 km||222 miles||193 nm||NW|
|Recife||Sat 4:50 PM||470 km||292 miles||254 nm||NNW|
|Salvador||Sat 4:50 PM||535 km||333 miles||289 nm||W|
|Fernando de Noronha||Sat 5:50 PM||924 km||574 miles||499 nm||N|
|Fortaleza||Sat 4:50 PM||1072 km||666 miles||579 nm||NNW|
|Rio de Janeiro *||Sat 5:50 PM||1571 km||976 miles||848 nm||SW|
|Brasilia *||Sat 5:50 PM||1592 km||989 miles||860 nm||WSW|
|São Paulo *||Sat 5:50 PM||1869 km||1161 miles||1009 nm||SW|
|Belém||Sat 4:50 PM||2018 km||1254 miles||1090 nm||NW|
|Cayenne||Sat 4:50 PM||2800 km||1740 miles||1512 nm||NW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.