Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Saturday, November 9, 2013 at 8:50:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 46%
|Previous phase||New Moon||Sunday, November 3, 2013 at 12:51 PM|
|Next phase||First Quarter||Sunday, November 10, 2013 at 5:59 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Saturday, November 9, 2013 at 20:50:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 437.63 meters/second, 1575.5 km/hour, 978.9 miles/hour or 850.7 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 27.7"||16.31 mi||West||0° 00' 09.3"||0.18 mi||North||16.32 mi|
|1 hour||14° 27' 50.9"||978.81 mi||West||0° 09' 27.0"||10.83 mi||North||979.15 mi|
|24 hours||12° 35' 21.7"||851.96 mi||East||4° 02' 00.7"||277.22 mi||North||901.27 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Palmas||Sat 5:50 PM||198 km||123 miles||107 nm||N|
|Brasilia *||Sat 6:50 PM||425 km||264 miles||229 nm||S|
|Goiânia *||Sat 6:50 PM||542 km||337 miles||293 nm||SSW|
|Barra do Garças||Sat 5:50 PM||626 km||389 miles||338 nm||SW|
|Salvador||Sat 5:50 PM||1051 km||653 miles||568 nm||E|
|Belém||Sat 5:50 PM||1163 km||723 miles||628 nm||N|
|São Paulo *||Sat 6:50 PM||1294 km||804 miles||699 nm||S|
|Rio de Janeiro *||Sat 6:50 PM||1325 km||823 miles||716 nm||SSE|
|Fortaleza||Sat 5:50 PM||1387 km||862 miles||749 nm||NE|
|Recife||Sat 5:50 PM||1510 km||938 miles||815 nm||ENE|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.