Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Saturday, November 9, 2013 at 9:00:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 46%
|Previous phase||New Moon||Sunday, November 3, 2013 at 12:51 PM|
|Next phase||First Quarter||Sunday, November 10, 2013 at 5:59 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Saturday, November 9, 2013 at 21:00:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 437.67 meters/second, 1575.6 km/hour, 979.1 miles/hour or 850.8 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 27.7"||16.32 mi||West||0° 00' 09.3"||0.18 mi||North||16.32 mi|
|1 hour||14° 27' 51.4"||978.91 mi||West||0° 09' 27.8"||10.84 mi||North||979.26 mi|
|24 hours||12° 35' 07.9"||851.79 mi||East||4° 02' 12.8"||277.45 mi||North||901.17 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Barra do Garças||Sat 6:00 PM||477 km||297 miles||258 nm||SSW|
|Brasilia *||Sat 7:00 PM||513 km||319 miles||277 nm||SSE|
|Goiânia *||Sat 7:00 PM||543 km||337 miles||293 nm||SSE|
|São Félix do Xingu||Sat 6:00 PM||607 km||377 miles||328 nm||NNW|
|Belém||Sat 6:00 PM||1181 km||734 miles||638 nm||N|
|Salvador||Sat 6:00 PM||1313 km||816 miles||709 nm||E|
|Guarulhos *||Sat 7:00 PM||1343 km||834 miles||725 nm||SSE|
|São Paulo *||Sat 7:00 PM||1350 km||839 miles||729 nm||SSE|
|Manaus||Sat 5:00 PM||1432 km||890 miles||773 nm||NW|
|Rio de Janeiro *||Sat 7:00 PM||1447 km||899 miles||782 nm||SSE|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.