Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Saturday, November 9, 2013 at 10:00:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 46%
|Previous phase||New Moon||Sunday, November 3, 2013 at 12:51 PM|
|Next phase||First Quarter||Sunday, November 10, 2013 at 5:59 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Saturday, November 9, 2013 at 22:00:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 437.96 meters/second, 1576.6 km/hour, 979.7 miles/hour or 851.3 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 27.9"||16.33 mi||West||0° 00' 09.5"||0.18 mi||North||16.33 mi|
|1 hour||14° 27' 55.2"||979.55 mi||West||0° 09' 31.5"||10.91 mi||North||979.89 mi|
|24 hours||12° 33' 45.9"||850.74 mi||East||4° 03' 24.7"||278.82 mi||North||900.52 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Riberalta||Sat 6:00 PM||145 km||90 miles||79 nm||NW|
|Porto Velho||Sat 6:00 PM||355 km||220 miles||191 nm||NNE|
|Rio Branco||Sat 6:00 PM||369 km||229 miles||199 nm||WNW|
|Cobija||Sat 6:00 PM||422 km||262 miles||228 nm||W|
|La Paz||Sat 6:00 PM||624 km||388 miles||337 nm||SSW|
|San Ignacio de Velasco||Sat 6:00 PM||668 km||415 miles||361 nm||SE|
|Sucre||Sat 6:00 PM||804 km||499 miles||434 nm||S|
|Machu Picchu Pueblo||Sat 5:00 PM||835 km||519 miles||451 nm||WSW|
|Manaus||Sat 6:00 PM||1102 km||685 miles||595 nm||NNE|
|Lima||Sat 5:00 PM||1314 km||817 miles||710 nm||W|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.