Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Saturday, November 9, 2013 at 11:00:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 47%
|Previous phase||New Moon||Sunday, November 3, 2013 at 12:51 PM|
|Next phase||First Quarter||Sunday, November 10, 2013 at 5:59 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Saturday, November 9, 2013 at 23:00:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 438.24 meters/second, 1577.7 km/hour, 980.3 miles/hour or 851.9 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 27.9"||16.34 mi||West||0° 00' 09.5"||0.18 mi||North||16.34 mi|
|1 hour||14° 27' 58.8"||980.18 mi||West||0° 09' 35.3"||10.98 mi||North||980.52 mi|
|24 hours||12° 32' 24.7"||849.69 mi||East||4° 04' 35.0"||280.16 mi||North||899.88 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Lima||Sat 6:00 PM||266 km||165 miles||144 nm||E|
|Machu Picchu Pueblo||Sat 6:00 PM||771 km||479 miles||416 nm||ESE|
|Loja||Sat 6:00 PM||843 km||524 miles||455 nm||N|
|Guayaquil||Sat 6:00 PM||1041 km||647 miles||562 nm||N|
|Quito||Sat 6:00 PM||1263 km||785 miles||682 nm||N|
|Rio Branco||Sat 7:00 PM||1284 km||798 miles||693 nm||E|
|La Paz||Sat 7:00 PM||1335 km||830 miles||721 nm||ESE|
|Galapagos Islands||Sat 5:00 PM||1633 km||1014 miles||881 nm||NW|
|Cali||Sat 6:00 PM||1692 km||1051 miles||914 nm||N|
|Sucre||Sat 7:00 PM||1728 km||1074 miles||933 nm||ESE|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.