Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Sunday, November 10, 2013 at 2:50:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 49%
|Previous phase||New Moon||Sunday, November 3, 2013 at 12:51 PM|
|Next phase||First Quarter||Sunday, November 10, 2013 at 5:59 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Sunday, November 10, 2013 at 02:50:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 439.30 meters/second, 1581.5 km/hour, 982.7 miles/hour or 853.9 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 28.1"||16.38 mi||West||0° 00' 09.7"||0.19 mi||North||16.38 mi|
|1 hour||14° 28' 12.9"||982.56 mi||West||0° 09' 48.9"||11.24 mi||North||982.89 mi|
|24 hours||12° 27' 20.0"||845.78 mi||East||4° 08' 48.6"||284.99 mi||North||897.41 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Taiohae||Sat 5:20 PM||551 km||342 miles||297 nm||WNW|
|Adamstown||Sat 6:50 PM||1637 km||1017 miles||884 nm||SSE|
|Papeete||Sat 4:50 PM||1739 km||1080 miles||939 nm||WSW|
|Kiritimati||Sun 4:50 PM||2863 km||1779 miles||1546 nm||WNW|
|Rarotonga||Sat 4:50 PM||2887 km||1794 miles||1559 nm||WSW|
|Easter Island *||Sat 9:50 PM||3215 km||1998 miles||1736 nm||SE|
|Alofi||Sat 3:50 PM||3862 km||2400 miles||2086 nm||WSW|
|Fakaofo||Sun 3:50 PM||3980 km||2473 miles||2149 nm||W|
|Apia *||Sun 4:50 PM||4018 km||2496 miles||2169 nm||W|
|Honolulu||Sat 4:50 PM||4368 km||2714 miles||2358 nm||NW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.