Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Sunday, November 10, 2013 at 3:40:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 49%
|Previous phase||New Moon||Sunday, November 3, 2013 at 12:51 PM|
|Next phase||First Quarter||Sunday, November 10, 2013 at 5:59 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Sunday, November 10, 2013 at 03:40:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 439.52 meters/second, 1582.3 km/hour, 983.2 miles/hour or 854.4 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 28.1"||16.39 mi||West||0° 00' 09.7"||0.19 mi||North||16.39 mi|
|1 hour||14° 28' 15.8"||983.06 mi||West||0° 09' 51.8"||11.30 mi||North||983.40 mi|
|24 hours||12° 26' 15.4"||844.95 mi||East||4° 09' 40.5"||285.98 mi||North||896.88 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Papeete||Sat 5:40 PM||790 km||491 miles||426 nm||SSW|
|Vaitape (Bora Bora)||Sat 5:40 PM||812 km||504 miles||438 nm||SW|
|Taiohae||Sat 6:10 PM||843 km||524 miles||455 nm||ENE|
|Rarotonga||Sat 5:40 PM||1787 km||1110 miles||965 nm||SW|
|Kiritimati||Sun 5:40 PM||1817 km||1129 miles||981 nm||NW|
|Adamstown||Sat 7:40 PM||2374 km||1475 miles||1282 nm||SE|
|Alofi||Sat 4:40 PM||2628 km||1633 miles||1419 nm||WSW|
|Fakaofo||Sun 4:40 PM||2662 km||1654 miles||1437 nm||W|
|Apia *||Sun 5:40 PM||2717 km||1689 miles||1467 nm||W|
|Nukualofa||Sun 4:40 PM||3223 km||2002 miles||1740 nm||WSW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.