Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Sunday, November 10, 2013 at 3:50:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 49%
|Previous phase||New Moon||Sunday, November 3, 2013 at 12:51 PM|
|Next phase||First Quarter||Sunday, November 10, 2013 at 5:59 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Sunday, November 10, 2013 at 03:50:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 439.57 meters/second, 1582.5 km/hour, 983.3 miles/hour or 854.5 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 28.1"||16.39 mi||West||0° 00' 09.7"||0.19 mi||North||16.39 mi|
|1 hour||14° 28' 16.4"||983.17 mi||West||0° 09' 52.3"||11.31 mi||North||983.50 mi|
|24 hours||12° 26' 02.5"||844.78 mi||East||4° 09' 50.9"||286.18 mi||North||896.77 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Papeete||Sat 5:50 PM||741 km||461 miles||400 nm||S|
|Rarotonga||Sat 5:50 PM||1600 km||994 miles||864 nm||SW|
|Kiritimati||Sun 5:50 PM||1659 km||1031 miles||896 nm||NNW|
|Alofi||Sat 4:50 PM||2388 km||1484 miles||1289 nm||WSW|
|Fakaofo||Sun 4:50 PM||2398 km||1490 miles||1295 nm||W|
|Apia *||Sun 5:50 PM||2458 km||1527 miles||1327 nm||W|
|Adamstown||Sat 7:50 PM||2572 km||1598 miles||1389 nm||SE|
|Nukualofa||Sun 4:50 PM||2985 km||1855 miles||1612 nm||WSW|
|Baker Island||Sat 3:50 PM||3238 km||2012 miles||1749 nm||WNW|
|Funafuti||Sun 3:50 PM||3458 km||2149 miles||1867 nm||W|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.