Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
The white dot symbolizes the position of the Moon, and the yellow sun symbolizes the position of the sun.
Change time and date
|< 4 weeks||4 weeks >||March equinox|
|< 1 day||1 day >||June solstice|
|< 12 hours||12 hours >||September equinox|
|< 6 hours||6 hours >||December solstice|
|< 1 hour||1 hour >||Now/Current time|
|< 10 minutes||10 minutes >|
- The bright part of the map shows where the moon is over the horizon on Sunday, November 10, 2013 at 04:00:00 UTC.
- The Sun's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Sun will be at its zenith (directly overhead) in relation to an observer.
- The Moon's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Moon will be at its zenith in relation to an observer. Note that the symbol is not showing the current phase of the Moon.
Fraction of moon illuminated: 49%
|Previous phase||New Moon||Sunday, November 3, 2013 at 12:51 PM|
|Next phase||First Quarter||Sunday, November 10, 2013 at 5:59 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Sunday, November 10, 2013 at 04:00:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 439.61 meters/second, 1582.6 km/hour, 983.4 miles/hour or 854.5 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 28.2"||16.39 mi||west||0° 00' 09.8"||0.19 mi||north||16.39 mi|
|1 hour||14° 28' 17.0"||983.27 mi||west||0° 09' 52.9"||11.32 mi||north||983.60 mi|
|24 hours||12° 25' 49.7"||844.62 mi||east||4° 10' 01.1"||286.37 mi||north||896.66 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Papeete||Sat 6:00 PM||782 km||486 miles||422 nm||SSE|
|Rarotonga||Sat 6:00 PM||1435 km||892 miles||775 nm||SW|
|Kiritimati||Sun 6:00 PM||1531 km||951 miles||826 nm||NNW|
|Fakaofo||Sun 5:00 PM||2138 km||1328 miles||1154 nm||W|
|Alofi||Sat 5:00 PM||2152 km||1337 miles||1162 nm||WSW|
|Apia *||Sun 6:00 PM||2199 km||1367 miles||1187 nm||W|
|Nukualofa||Sun 5:00 PM||2750 km||1709 miles||1485 nm||WSW|
|Adamstown||Sat 8:00 PM||2779 km||1727 miles||1501 nm||SE|
|Baker Island||Sat 4:00 PM||2992 km||1859 miles||1615 nm||WNW|
|Funafuti||Sun 4:00 PM||3192 km||1983 miles||1724 nm||W|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.