Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Sunday, November 10, 2013 at 4:00:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 49%
|Previous phase||New Moon||Sunday, November 3, 2013 at 12:51 PM|
|Next phase||First Quarter||Sunday, November 10, 2013 at 5:59 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Sunday, November 10, 2013 at 04:00:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 439.61 meters/second, 1582.6 km/hour, 983.4 miles/hour or 854.5 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 28.2"||16.39 mi||West||0° 00' 09.8"||0.19 mi||North||16.39 mi|
|1 hour||14° 28' 17.0"||983.27 mi||West||0° 09' 52.9"||11.32 mi||North||983.60 mi|
|24 hours||12° 25' 49.7"||844.62 mi||East||4° 10' 01.1"||286.37 mi||North||896.66 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Papeete||Sat 6:00 PM||782 km||486 miles||422 nm||SSE|
|Rarotonga||Sat 6:00 PM||1435 km||892 miles||775 nm||SW|
|Kiritimati||Sun 6:00 PM||1531 km||951 miles||826 nm||NNW|
|Fakaofo||Sun 5:00 PM||2134 km||1326 miles||1153 nm||W|
|Alofi||Sat 5:00 PM||2152 km||1337 miles||1162 nm||WSW|
|Apia *||Sun 6:00 PM||2199 km||1367 miles||1187 nm||W|
|Nukualofa||Sun 5:00 PM||2750 km||1709 miles||1485 nm||WSW|
|Adamstown||Sat 8:00 PM||2779 km||1727 miles||1501 nm||SE|
|Baker Island||Sat 4:00 PM||2992 km||1859 miles||1615 nm||WNW|
|Funafuti||Sun 4:00 PM||3194 km||1985 miles||1725 nm||W|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.