Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Sunday, November 10, 2013 at 4:50:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 50%
|Previous phase||New Moon||Sunday, November 3, 2013 at 12:51 PM|
|Next phase||First Quarter||Sunday, November 10, 2013 at 5:59 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Sunday, November 10, 2013 at 04:50:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 439.84 meters/second, 1583.4 km/hour, 983.9 miles/hour or 855.0 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 28.2"||16.40 mi||West||0° 00' 09.8"||0.19 mi||North||16.40 mi|
|1 hour||14° 28' 19.9"||983.77 mi||West||0° 09' 55.6"||11.37 mi||North||984.10 mi|
|24 hours||12° 24' 45.7"||843.79 mi||East||4° 10' 51.3"||287.33 mi||North||896.13 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Fakaofo||Sun 5:50 PM||820 km||510 miles||443 nm||W|
|Pago Pago||Sat 5:50 PM||846 km||526 miles||457 nm||WSW|
|Apia *||Sun 6:50 PM||931 km||578 miles||503 nm||WSW|
|Salelologa (Savai'i) *||Sun 6:50 PM||973 km||605 miles||525 nm||WSW|
|Alofi||Sat 5:50 PM||1135 km||705 miles||613 nm||SW|
|Rarotonga||Sat 6:50 PM||1247 km||775 miles||673 nm||SSE|
|Kiritimati||Sun 6:50 PM||1563 km||971 miles||844 nm||NNE|
|Nukualofa||Sun 5:50 PM||1678 km||1043 miles||906 nm||SW|
|Papeete||Sat 6:50 PM||1717 km||1067 miles||927 nm||ESE|
|Baker Island||Sat 4:50 PM||1844 km||1146 miles||996 nm||NW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.