Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Sunday, November 10, 2013 at 4:58:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 50%
|Previous phase||New Moon||Sunday, November 3, 2013 at 12:51 PM|
|Next phase||First Quarter||Sunday, November 10, 2013 at 5:59 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Sunday, November 10, 2013 at 04:58:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed is currently 439.87 meters/second, 1583.5 kilometres/hour, 984.0 miles/hour or 855.0 nautical miles/hour (knots). The table below shows position of the the Moon compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude Difference||Latitude Difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 28.2"||16.40 mi||West||0° 00' 09.8"||0.19 mi||North||16.40 mi|
|1 hour||14° 28' 20.4"||983.85 mi||West||0° 09' 56.1"||11.38 mi||North||984.18 mi|
|24 hours||12° 24' 35.5"||843.66 mi||East||4° 10' 59.4"||287.48 mi||North||896.04 mi|
Locations with the Moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Fakaofo||Sun 5:58 PM||612 km||381 miles||331 nm||WNW|
|Pago Pago||Sat 5:58 PM||670 km||416 miles||362 nm||SW|
|Apia *||Sun 6:58 PM||742 km||461 miles||401 nm||WSW|
|Atafu||Sun 5:58 PM||776 km||482 miles||419 nm||WNW|
|Salelologa (Savai'i) *||Sun 6:58 PM||781 km||485 miles||422 nm||WSW|
|Rawaki||Sun 5:58 PM||941 km||584 miles||508 nm||NW|
|Alofi||Sat 5:58 PM||1031 km||641 miles||557 nm||SSW|
|Rarotonga||Sat 6:58 PM||1335 km||829 miles||721 nm||SSE|
|Nukualofa||Sun 5:58 PM||1537 km||955 miles||830 nm||SW|
|Funafuti||Sun 4:58 PM||1667 km||1036 miles||900 nm||W|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.