Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
The white dot symbolizes the position of the Moon, and the yellow sun symbolizes the position of the sun.
Change time and date
|< 4 weeks||4 weeks >||March equinox|
|< 1 day||1 day >||June solstice|
|< 12 hours||12 hours >||September equinox|
|< 6 hours||6 hours >||December solstice|
|< 1 hour||1 hour >||Now/Current time|
|< 10 minutes||10 minutes >|
- The bright part of the map shows where the moon is over the horizon on Sunday, November 10, 2013 at 04:58:00 UTC.
- The Sun's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Sun will be at its zenith (directly overhead) in relation to an observer.
- The Moon's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Moon will be at its zenith in relation to an observer. Note that the symbol is not showing the current phase of the Moon.
Fraction of moon illuminated: 50%
|Previous phase||New Moon||Sunday, November 3, 2013 at 12:50 PM|
|Next phase||First Quarter||Sunday, November 10, 2013 at 5:58 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Sunday, November 10, 2013 at 04:58:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 439.88 meters/second, 1583.6 km/hour, 984.0 miles/hour or 855.1 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 28.2"||16.40 mi||west||0° 00' 09.8"||0.19 mi||north||16.40 mi|
|1 hour||14° 28' 20.5"||983.93 mi||west||0° 09' 56.1"||11.38 mi||north||984.26 mi|
|24 hours||12° 24' 34.1"||843.70 mi||east||4° 11' 00.4"||287.52 mi||north||896.09 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Fakaofo||Sun 5:58 PM||587 km||365 miles||317 nm||WNW|
|Pago Pago||Sat 5:58 PM||646 km||401 miles||349 nm||SW|
|Apia *||Sun 6:58 PM||716 km||445 miles||387 nm||WSW|
|Salelologa (Savai'i) *||Sun 6:58 PM||755 km||469 miles||407 nm||WSW|
|Rawaki||Sun 5:58 PM||923 km||574 miles||499 nm||NW|
|Alofi||Sat 5:58 PM||1019 km||633 miles||550 nm||SSW|
|Rarotonga||Sat 6:58 PM||1349 km||838 miles||729 nm||SSE|
|Nukualofa||Sun 5:58 PM||1519 km||944 miles||820 nm||SW|
|Funafuti||Sun 4:58 PM||1635 km||1016 miles||883 nm||W|
|Baker Island||Sat 4:58 PM||1665 km||1035 miles||899 nm||NW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.