Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Sunday, November 10, 2013 at 5:48:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 50%
|Previous phase||New Moon||Sunday, November 3, 2013 at 12:51 PM|
|Next phase||First Quarter||Sunday, November 10, 2013 at 5:59 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Sunday, November 10, 2013 at 05:48:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 440.10 meters/second, 1584.3 km/hour, 984.5 miles/hour or 855.5 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 28.4"||16.41 mi||West||0° 00' 10.0"||0.19 mi||North||16.41 mi|
|1 hour||14° 28' 23.5"||984.35 mi||West||0° 09' 58.8"||11.43 mi||North||984.68 mi|
|24 hours||12° 23' 32.3"||842.84 mi||East||4° 11' 48.4"||288.41 mi||North||895.50 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Mata-Utu||Sun 5:48 PM||358 km||222 miles||193 nm||SSE|
|Funafuti||Sun 5:48 PM||394 km||245 miles||213 nm||NW|
|Salelologa (Savai'i) *||Sun 7:48 PM||707 km||439 miles||382 nm||ESE|
|Labasa *||Sun 6:48 PM||722 km||448 miles||390 nm||SSW|
|Fakaofo||Sun 6:48 PM||738 km||458 miles||398 nm||E|
|Apia *||Sun 7:48 PM||755 km||469 miles||408 nm||ESE|
|Pago Pago||Sat 6:48 PM||879 km||546 miles||475 nm||ESE|
|Suva *||Sun 6:48 PM||935 km||581 miles||505 nm||SSW|
|Lautoka *||Sun 6:48 PM||936 km||581 miles||505 nm||SSW|
|Nadi *||Sun 6:48 PM||956 km||594 miles||516 nm||SSW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.